What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

Just ordered Lego Mindstorms ultrasonic and gyro sensors before they become difficult to get with EV3 discontinued. Intention: build more robotic overlords.

6 Likes

Just ordered a couple of Furman power conditioners this afternoon and a load of power extensions for the Samson SR-16 rack Iv’e been building hopefully these will do the job

One has rack lights and one doesn’t .

Should arrive in 3-5 days

1 Like

Now you know which one goes on top.

Haha could have gotten both with lights but what’s the point the one above can light the rest

1 Like

thanks I’ve been looking at those as well, being open back are they too loud for use while sitting next to someone?

also would you have gotten them to use even without the AudioQuest Dragonfly USB Amp?

Yes. It’s like a slightly less bassy replica coming out the other side. Luckily my gf has noise cancelling headphones. Definitely don’t subject anyone in an office to your music ‘taste’ :joy:

Yep. It was free so I thought why not. And tbh it’s good! But main intention was/is to go directly out of Rytm. They don’t need an amp at all. Only 16 Ω impedance, so even an iPhone can power them, never mind an Elektron.

But to avoid clogging up this thread, head over to the one I started for LCD-1 for more info:

1 Like

Got a 0-ctrl to go with the stand I ordered for the 0-coast :wink:

Kind of funny, I found the stand on Etsy and didn’t know until it shipped that it was made in the next town over.

Intention is to be reeeally nice to the gf tomorrow.

14 Likes

Just ordered this little badger. I’m off into another 9 week bio-secure bubble for work in a fortnight, so I thought I’d treat myself in advance of the torture.
The last time I took a Mini-Mothership away with me, the Sound Supervisor on the job gave me a Midas DM-16 that was surplus to his requirements, which was lovely and incredibly kind of him an all, but it is a bit of a heavy and cumbersome lump to lug about and the Bluebox obviously multitrack records and has the battery powered option. I was just recording the main outs into my H4N Pro in the previous set up, which was ok but this is going to give me better options, way more flexibility and onboard fx.
Really look forward to hearing how it sounds.
Does anyone know if it has Midi Transport Start, that’ll start the M:C when I hit record?

15 Likes

Early Sunday morning wake up call by DPD

YAMAHA 01V96i

The unboxing… this thing is bigger than I thought.

150906672_786126945591369_8698716077804997819_n

150449208_811390009587219_9018128724127766950_n

150271338_164561325473751_1524687166486764823_n

Intentions - get wired up and delve deep in to it’s features.

16 Likes

You should it change the life the good way

and the 01V96i ! good an old classics on its own

It feels amazing really solid. Only had it 15 minutes just switched it on see if it was all good… seems packed with features this one and 16 channels of USB audio… Nice :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ha! I put a bid in for this Lexicon MX200 last week and forgot about it… just said I’d won item so am happy with that

Original item

Delivery this week some time :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Waiting for Polyend Tracker, needless to say I am going to play some breakcore jungle with it… on the other hand I just built my last befaco module, a rampage, and I am astonished of the way it completely changed the way I was playing my rack!

2 Likes

See if I win this Lexicon MX400 lol only 9 minutes to go :slight_smile:

Update Yay

Won Lexicon mX200 and 400 total £208 gap

1 Like

I’ve had zero time to read/post in the last two weeks as I’ve been busy with my second hand book shop. We spent eight days cleaning the place up and took over 400 big boxes of stuff to the storage. Now the windows are open to the street and the place looks nice.

Now I’ve had the shop open for a week and it’s been amazing. This is my first free day in basically almost a month. The previous owner made a meagre sum of money every month. I’ve sold 150% of his monthly sales in the first week alone. Just by making the place more accessible and using social media to promote it.

I also had the national radio interview me and a bunch of magazines too. All the journalists asks the same question: “How dare you buy a second hand book/record/movie business in times like these?” I myself see it as a 100% futureproof business. It’s carbon neutral recycling and there’s still a lot of us old school people who like to read paper books & comics and who love to own their favourite albums on vinyl. The huge increase in sales goes a long way to prove this.

I traded a couple of pieces of gear still. A Yamaha QY-300 as I miss my QY-700 and one came along in the neighbouring town. The same dude also had a Boss GS-10 tabletop guitar multi-fx/audio interface which is just the right age for my XP laptop. As a bonus the dude brought me a box of vinyl his neighbour was about to throw in the trash bin. It had a lot of good stuff like Diamanda Galas and early Clannad, but most importantly it had Beauty by Ryuichi Sakamoto, an old favourite of mine.

( I also traded a Palmer pocket amp for my guitar for comics with a friend of mine.)

Good times!

33 Likes

Nice find. I keep two Lexicon MX200 units in my setup for general tape delays.

1 Like

Post more pics of the store when you have a chance!

3 Likes

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Quite a substantial change I’d say.
There’s still a lot more changes to come as all the furniture (except the main till) are going to get swapped for new ones as soon as the carpenter gets them done etc.

94 Likes

Deepest and heartiest congratulations. If I had a store like that near me I would be broke but good friends with the proprietor! :blush:

7 Likes