What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

Yeah, I’m using the BlackBox like this for creating stems, then I can just transfer over to the computer. But yeah, sub mix too. Nice. Let us know how it goes.

2 Likes

Me, I love mixing manually with faders, outboard gear, and no screen. I love mixing in the box, too, with automation and an endless supply of effects. Depends on the track and my mood.

7 Likes

Oh sweet! I look forward to hearing what you make with this. I had an email from them saying I could take delivery of one now too, as I was on top of the waiting list, but I just haven’t yet found any clips of people taming it in a way that’s pleasing to my ears. Have you got plenty of time to spend with it this week?

Niiiiice. Every time I see one of these I keep trying to look away… :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Lol, here in Italy UPS is one of the best couriers. When I have to, I always ship with UPS. I never had a single problem.
FedEx is pretty good too.
The worst one is Nexive (PostNL group).

Check the thread on Pulsar.
The video from Stimming is rather good (I’m not even there yet). Sonic state as well.

Output is mono. Not good or bad, for this machine. Especially when you have all the separate outs you need.

Soundwise, bass is my favorite (cause it’s way more than that), kick is ok, I manage to get decent hats, but can’t reach the snare I’m looking for.

There are still some modules I have to understand ^^

1 Like

Don’t miss out on the stereo FX mode–sounds great.

Came today, no kettle lead, it’s a conspiracy. I just used the one from the E-MU until the new one gets hear.

It defo has a sound to it, the EQ’s are pretty nice. It’s a lot bigger than it looks in the photos.

3 Likes

Love this gear pron thread. It explains GAS very well.

You buy gear you never thought you would need from money you don’t have to show it to others because you have to share your pain or maybe want to impress them!

Good to know that I am not alone :)!!

6 Likes

I must be in the wrong thread - I’ve always known that I need the gear. All of it.

15 Likes

Every last drop of gear.

6 Likes

Lucky one, seem to have yourself under control…

2 Likes

Strange bedfellows of the apocalypse! Intentions: survival

27 Likes

Lol, I’m not sure if that was aimed in my general, but I have 1 FM Synth, 1 analog mono, 1 mono sampler and 1 stereo sample and now, a mixer and plenty of money, cheers. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll be sure to pretend I haven’t purchased anything in the future, in case someone gets a bit upset about what strangers are doing on the internet…

I post here and assume most do to display my excitement with getting something new or feel like an accomplishment. I’d guess this thread has so much action because new gear is awesome, sometimes it’s not music related and that’s just as cool. Whatever it is I’m happy to see others happy.

4 Likes

I just imagine you all as fat mid 40 year old men, that look your age, sitting in your y-fronts, smoking lambert and buttlers and badly made weak tea, I certainly do not care about impressing that mental image, sharing passion though, yep.

5 Likes

Way off the mark…I make a banging cup of tea.

16 Likes

and what about the setup to get it up and running with the Blackbox.
Seen it running with 16 pads controlling pads and the other 16 for the sequewnces.
Was that difficult to do if thats how youve got it setup too?

Had my eye on this.

very straightforward - i took the circuitpython approach; so coding is simply a loop to assign startup colours, what midi signals a button sends when pressed, if its colour changes when you hold it and if it changes after you release.

you could get a lot more complicated if you wanted to

… and with circuitpython this means simply connect the trellis to your pc by usb, it appears as a drive, you open a code file, edit, save it, and the board immediately adopts the new code.

1 Like