What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw]

Poly Evolver Keyboard. I’v never tried a Hybrid Synth before so I thought I would give it a try. Really liking it so far.

7 Likes

Alesis Quadraverb GT. Found it on gumtree for an absolute steal. Bargain of the century. All my reverb quandries solved. Happy camper.

7 Likes

Don’t be tempted by the overdrive/distortion on it, bloody awful.
Also, make sure the plastic nuts holding the jack sockets on the back are nice and tight, they have a habit of working their way loose.
Them reverbs though…:drooling_face:

2 Likes

I had an OT MK1 for years, sold it about a year ago to fund Eurorack, but missed it since. Yesterday I got a good deal on a MK2. I took it home. Surprised how much I still know about the OT… MK2 is a bit different to the MK1 but I could manage it pretty quick…

Sorry, just wanted to share this happy moment :hugs:

16 Likes

Thanks for the tips!

2 Likes

Yamaha RS502 arrived. Intention is to remember how a guitar works… actually, first intention is to get a setup done as the intonation is way off (as you’d expect buying online).

14 Likes

Looks amazing. I’ve always wanted one, seems like the perfect cross of a SG and les paul

1 Like

Yeah, that’s a pretty good description, it’s got some heft to it and the finish and hardware seems really good for the price. Nice P90 tone and sustains very well.

jus’ arrived :partying_face:

19 Likes

I have got to stay out of the Deals thread. H6 landed yesterday and not sure what my intentions are yet.

It’s odd it doesn’t like 1/8th cable with a 1/8th to 1/4 adapter. Only the opposite. Tried different cables and adapters. Must be doing something wrong.

10 Likes

Aren’t those adapters usually TRS/Stereo? I bet that’s causing the problem.

5 Likes

They are and you are correct sir, thanks.

2 Likes

Just ordered a 1010 Blackbox. My intention is to use it as a mobile sketch pad; to tool around with POs, game boys, and monotrons on the go.

Honestly, I don’t know much about it. Hopefully we jive.

6 Likes

Such a great little box, responsive and easy to get started with!

1 Like

haha
my girlfriend use to say : " all your gear is great , but that black thing makes terrible noise ! :face_with_head_bandage: "

so i sold it :stuck_out_tongue:

bought a couple of sound packs for Circuit Mono Station and Isotonik Circuit Pro editor for Circuit.
btw, the latter (standalone version) runs under WINE on Linux.

1 Like

I’m a fan of Yamaha guitars and basses, every one I’ve picked up has played great!

1 Like

Bought me the good ol’ TR8.

My intentions? Run it through a Boss BX and distort that shit up! In fact I already did it :sweat_smile: https://soundcloud.com/chromevomit/poppin

10 Likes

Sennheiser HD-25 Limited Edition headphones that are/were on sale for their 75th anniversary. I have a pair from around 15 years ago that had faulty connectors on the ear cups from new, but I didn’t return them for some reason. They were nice low fatigue cans that I could wear for hours on end (if the cables played nicely) without pain, so were worth another shot. They did sound better than anything I had at the time and still are a highly usable low fatigue set. For a special low price of £90 new and with 2 sets of ear cups, they were a bargain.

Intentions: DJing and long duration listening sessions.

My summer holiday started and I found a second hand Meris Hedra to keep company to my Mercury 7. The seller was a friend of mine and gave me a good deal on this. Had a short test on these two together. It’s a beauty.

It’s an octaver, it’s a harmonizer, it’s a delay, it’s all of those things combined in a very tasty manner. Can’t go wrong with Meris.

10 Likes