What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

Whiskey and Techno!!! Since I’m pushing it age-wise where dancing is concerned (not writing it off yet though :wink: ) I love a good rye or single malt, good headphones or monitors, and a nice set to listen to. Good combo.

As it happens I’m sitting at my outdoor fireplace listening to Richie Hawtin and drinking Pendleton 1910 on rocks. With cigar.

3 Likes

Not worth it, IMO. For $50 there are better buys. It’s still MGP distilled in Indiana. They’re still years away from their own stocks. $10 more for Knob Creek Single Barrel is so worth it. Proof it down from 120 to 90 with water and it’s probably cheaper per oz., come to think of it.
Otherwise for that proof, with a heavy oak note, Russel’s 10 year is a better buy and far less $.

Yea buddy! We have a few couples we like to play with. That season (3?) of Fargo with Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Ewan McGregor as a euchre team/couple… oh man, that was gold for me.

Bourbon and euchre go hand in hand in this house. The more we play, the more we drink, and the more we drink, the more we heckle each other. Before you know it, we’re all in tears laughing at all the ruckus because someone just euchred with a 9 card after taking 2 hands of trash talk to the chin. :rofl::joy:
My favorite bottles lately are all 110 proof and higher so it doesn’t take long to get going. If we’re taking our time we’re shooting out 5 different single barrels of Kentucky Spirit, all from different warehouses and floors, to see which ones we like the most and which ones can influence our next hunt. :slight_smile:

My wife is the gin drinker. I don’t mind it but I enjoy bourbon more.
We took a tour recently in Frankfort, KY of the Castle and Key distillery where they rehabilitated the Old Taylor castle distillery and natural limestone filtered springs. Their rye and bourbon are still aging but I did have a blast tasting gin all afternoon.

Damn straight.
And neat, please! :wink:

4 Likes

I like my single malts neat. I go with rocks for rye for some reason. For Irish I even add a splash of soda. Weird I know, but… :smiley:

I like Japanese whiskeys neat (at least the ones I’ve tried).

have you checked out Old Forester Rye 100 yet?
just released in 2019. Probably the best sub $40 750ml you can spend on rye these days.

Peerless is my favorite if I’m not watching my bank balance, though.

And 101 Rye is always a staple here. Still only in 1L, but my local honey hole always keeps it in stock, cept for the one time I had to drive 3 hours to the WT Distillery when they were closed for repairs.

I’m kinda spoiled @J3RK , this place is 1.5 miles from my house:

1 Like

I will give it a whirl! It’s been a while since I’ve tried anything different.

1 Like

I wanted to upgrade my iPad just to run JammPro, but the Apple Stores are all sold out of most iPads, so I went with the mini.

7 Likes

Moog Is giving away the MiniMoog iOS synth for a little while. You might want to grab it while it’s free.

1 Like

How is it on the Mini? cramped? not cramped? decent?

I’ve got a mini that I occasionally run Waldorf Nave on. It’s not too bad for most things.

Yea I have an older one i used for Patterning 2.
Not too fiddly.

But I look at JammPro and think… hmmmm, maybe too fiddly? maybe not?

I like gin in the summer after golf or tennis. whisky the rest of the time. Knob Creek is good, Woodford, Suntory Toki…your collection looks great in that case.

1 Like

Yea! We’re all Pimm’s Cup for tennis.
Courts are 300 yards from my house. Almost warm enough to get out there :crossed_fingers:

It’s a little cramped. It feels like I can get used to it over time., no problem It’s not so much the cramped issue as much as my own fingers block my view of too much of the screen. I was planning to interact with JammPro one-handed while playing another instrument, so I hope it won’t require too much concentration to hit the buttons I want to hit. I do like the smallness of the mini for travel and placement in my studio.

1 Like

Well for $10 I’ll give it a go then.
Can always cancel for a refund if I hate it.
Thanks for replying!

Yes! Earth shattering garbage. Enjoy it. Lot of weird movements when you find a good groove…it’s more tribal sounding than I thought it would be

It warms my heart to see all these DFAMs. I hope y’all live in apartment complexes with good monitors. Hopefully the quarantines can enlighten people to like aggressive rythms :rofl:

Don’t forget delay really makes these things shine and reverb doesn’t hurt

1 Like

I‘d like to gift you an ‚l‘.

9 Likes

Got my ELZ_1, have to say that I am absolutely floored by the sound and build. Anyone interested in this should just buy one, it’s amazing. The synth engines are excellent. I think it easily takes the cake for best portable synth ever made!

13 Likes

Just got the Stargazer from Moffenzeef Modular in today to help with the covid-19 blues. Full of knobby droney goodness! Been holding out for a while since first trying it at a synth expo in June 2019, but they’re sadly closing up shop and selling off the last of their products so I figured now or never. Don’t sleep on their stuff, super gnarly!

12 Likes

it’s a gem. really full of sweet spots and great bass. they show up as part of people’s live rigs and get used in very different ways.
have fun w/that sucker!

1 Like