What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

Now to find some blank cassettes. :woozy_face:

21 Likes

what are cassettes???

4 Likes

Grabbed one of these myself

1 Like

Theyre about the size of a membership card. They testify to your hipster credentials.

1 Like

Or, in my case, old ageā€¦:blush:

4 Likes

Only if youā€™re under 40, if older than 40 itā€™s just reminiscing the good ol days

9 Likes

Really curious about this pedalsā€¦ how is the MIDI/CV control?

My biggest issue with pedals like this is I like to be able to control it digitally whenever possible, but this seems to be able to do that.

Try reverb, amazon, and if youā€™re not too picky, duplication.ca sells ā€œtapes for artā€ in batches on the cheap. In my batch of 24, I got about 4-6 that were perfectly usable out of the box, 1 or 2 with no magnetic tape (Iā€™ll use them for tape loops, or something), and the rest with a broken leader. If youā€™re handy, itā€™s not that tricky to just reattach the tape to the spool. Some (maybe all?) have stuff recorded on them already, so you can explore the mystery (which I keep forgetting to do!). The only drawback is that the lengths are all over the map, but mostly in the 15-20 minute range. I just recorded a track and the tape ran out about 2 second before I wanted it to. Fortunately, the take worked.

1 Like

haha, yeah. just dont forget to buy a couple of pencils too :joy:

4 months ago I asked in my neighborhood Facebook group for some used an unused ones and I could recollect more that 70 cassettes, for freeā€¦

3 Likes

Just looking at it makes me happy!

There are also new tape echoā€™s in the making:

5 Likes

Where and how much? ItĀ“s hard to find a Space Echo for less than three Behringers these days.

1 Like

actually I traded a Jupiter 4 for it :flushed:

the Jupiter needed some work done and a decent bit of cash came back my way too, so I think it worked out well. seller did some work recently to fix it up too. itā€™s VERY clean. but yeah, theyā€™re quite expensive these days!

@TobySD that EF-X2 looks great! you can get a vintage one for around that price or less. but I suppose thereā€™s a benefit to having all new components in something with moving partsā€¦

2 Likes

Do DIY acoustic absorption panels count?

30 Likes

Better posting those than posting wood, nails, glue, fabric

They look awesome!

1 Like

Admittedly I didnā€™t purchase for midi/CV, but for midi function you need there midibox pedal. I may in the future grab one but on itā€™s own itā€™s sublime so far.

Thanks!

Saw the Chorus version Pop up less than a week ago for around $4,500. Itā€™s already gone!
But they still have 2x standard version around $1,700 for the peasants.

I use this site. Great products & customer service.

https://tapeline.info/v2/

2 Likes

Might need a derailleur too.

8 Likes