What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

That’s exactly how those sounds are made.
Take notes!

1 Like

https://www.bugbrand.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=24&products_id=122&zenid=f7f82912c5eb88331df836b83f7c8809

1 Like

i support this! next week i’m buying a bed.
i have no problems with sleeping on the floor, but need to reorder things in my room to get proper desk/speakers placement.

1 Like

Yea this might be true. I bought my OP-1 like one year after it’s release for 899€ I believe. Haven’t regretted it since.

1 Like

Doing a bunch of adult investments myself soon. Moving houses and gf moving in. Feeling so mature now haha :smile: (about time since i m nearing level 4…)

Big bonus: i ll have a dedicated studio room in the new house!

10 Likes

I did this in Aug, it’s great! Congrats on the studio room, I’m sure we’ll all enjoy the pics soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Try muffwiggler, or even reverb. I know I saw a couple recently for $900-$950. Keep your eyes open, you never know what will pop up.

1 Like

Well…

8 Likes

So… …you intend to rock out? :smiley:

1 Like

I do indeed !

P.S. The demo song being “Last christmas” is just pure joy !

latest purchase… glitch machines Palindrome for $10 at plug in boutique.

intention is palindrome the fuck out of things.

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/1-Instruments/5-Sampler/4345-Palindrome

3 Likes

I think everybody needs granular. Nice! Bet you will have a lot fun with it and get some cool sounds out of it

Intention: explicit noise

6 Likes

awww yeahh! I had one of those in red livery. FM on that thing sound pretty decent

1 Like

Gracias!

Yeah, I was surprised. Found this one for cheap so I jumped on the occasion but I didn’t expect much sound-wise.

Your comment got me looking for more info, and the internal chip is actually a 2 Op FM chip (YM2420), which is a very similar chip than the one found in the SEGA Master System (YM2413).

1 Like

DFAM is on its way. Going to make end of the world sounds and metallic sounding techno stuff mostly :rofl:. Sample into DT or figure out how to sync it and pair it up in my setup. Using a 1010 blackbox as midi slave and it has clock out but I am not sure the DFAM will understand the clock signals…

Apparently the DFAM makes good synth (bass) sounds too if you tune the pitches right. Could make for some really good samples on that front as well!

EDIT: Seems there is an ADV/Clock patch so I should be good! Woohoo

1 Like

My Bosch has generally been reliable , but I have to schedule a repair job due to a leak somewhere in the back. It’s about 11 years old

1 Like

Go for Miele, no repairs necessary for 20 years…

2 Likes

OTO Boum- goes like this: Digitakt + Digitone —> OT —> OTO Boum

12 Likes