What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

I’ve really been enjoying the XDm. I sold my Prologue 16, but couldn’t be without this basic engine in my setup. Plus I REALLY like the Chips 2 user oscillator. (being a fan of chip tunes) It’s a really nice synth. Since it’s not dual-timbrel though like the Prologue, I picked up the Typhon for another voice, and the 24db filter will add some variety. Then the Digitakt will fill in the rest of everything. I think it’s going to be a fun little setup until I can build things back up again.

Also, I think I’m putting white Rogan knobs on the Typhon. :smiley:

3 Likes

I just bought a used Elektron Audio / CV Split Cable Kit haha

Not quite sure what I’m gonna do with it, but it was damn cheap

2 Likes

Time for a modular!!!

2 Likes

Just added a AH to my arsenal. Time to fry some waves!

20 Likes

This should turn the Iridium to a Monster device.

1 Like

just ordered: Zoom MS-70CDR.
planned it for a while, but it was out of stock in local stores.

intention: will use it with my analog mono/duo boxes (Tetra, Uno Synth, Circuit Mono Stations), and of course will pair it with Ravish Sitar.

i’m still happy with MC-707 as FX processor, but when it comes to multitrack recording of jams/gigs, even 6 outputs is not so much, so need an extra FX box to utilize all 8 channels/tracks of the mixer/recorder.

6 Likes

Yes that was my first move! Added some drive and low end boast. It definitely gives it some analog character. I’m still getting my head around the AH and loving it.

3 Likes

Yikes. I got an A4 and an Octatrack, and I do my best to just treat the two of them as if there are modulars. I’ll probably use it for sampling from Dictaphones to the OT, at least for now.

2 Likes

That’s sensible, and a cool idea. Another less modular option would be a small patchable like the Mother or Crave or something like that. It would just give you some extra tools to patch with. Still, I like your idea.

I use the Koma Field Kits also, and have definitely considered expanding them and getting a semi modular, probably an SV-1 or a DFAM. I try to think about what I would want with these, and then how I can utilize the gear I got to meet the need I have. I do think in the future there is a semi-modular/maybe a case in my life, but I’m doing my best to hold off as long as possible.

3 Likes

A4 is basically a perfect modular/semimodular sequencer with its CV outs IMO, and then you can also route the audio into the A4 to use its FX, use the audio in as an oscillator for one of the A4’s voices, etc etc. But thinking carefully about what you want to do is always a good idea :slight_smile:

2 Likes

so, today is the ̶D̶o̶o̶m̶ ̶Zoomsday!
also, with these two i completed my essential gear list.

7 Likes

Just saw a video last night where you can apparently load ANY zoom algorithm to this pedal Including ones that are from other platforms. More info in this video https://youtu.be/Ul-BYkV3PSk

4 Likes

yes, i’m aware of this and count on it.

would buy this pedal anyway, because of stereo input.

1 Like

Gonna smash me some drums

16 Likes

instant crush

Gorgeous!!

It was inevitable.

My intention is to RTFM and then mangle everything.

26 Likes

Let the manual mangle you first of all! Enjoy!

6 Likes

bought this drunk, my girlfriend wasn’t too happy about it

9 Likes