What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

I’ve always wanted a Nord since I could remember. One came up locally, offered a trade, and now here we are. I’m going to just stare at it for a bit.

31 Likes

Beautiful sounding machine! But a PITA to to patch at first. For instant satisfaction, nord have excellent downloads for many genres. I love the Kroffe bank for classic 70’s early 80’s
https://www.nordkeyboards.com/sound-libraries/product-libraries/synthesizers/nord-lead-a1/kroffe-bank

1 Like

Thank you so much for that James.

Slang’n gear left and right these days :joy:

1 Like

Now I just need to get a perm, sports car, and a girlfriend who’s also a secretary at my work, and my midlife crisis is complete.

12 Likes

:joy:
Pics when you do please?

2 Likes

1 Like

Yup.

1 Like

just got the A4 to accompany my Rytm, been goin through the factory presets this evening and getting pumped about the possibilities!

23 Likes

@Geneoart and I have not dismissed the VCA advice, starting with a dual VCA (Doepfer) but it’s a bit delayed.

@tnussb after your input re: difficulty/experience level, I still made the plunge:) I’ll just have to step up to (and enjoy) the challenge😁

Cheers!

1 Like

just ordered Zoom LiveTrak L-8.
i own L-12, but it’s not so backpack friendly as i need (bought it about a year before L-8 release).

so, L-12 is becoming my home mixer, and L-8 is going to replace it as mixer (& multitrack recorder — that’s the whole point) for gigs.

yes, i believe there will be gigs in the future.

4 Likes

Just copped the OT to complete the dark trinity and this Zoom H4N this week. I’m using a 3.5mm to 1/4" mono cable to record everything from my phone, laptop and the zoom. Very excited for this weekend!

19 Likes

Already feeling comfortable with the Elektron way :facepunch:

2 Likes

Is the USB audio 2 way between the M:C and the iPad?
Can you monitor AUM in the M:C? Or only the other way around?

Thanks for the detailed reply
But I was asking the other way around, can you hear AUM in the M:C?
Edit: I reread your answer and got it!
Thx again!

bought some material to make this dual commodore stand for my sid obsession

37 Likes

Don’t see too many of those in people’s set-ups!

1 Like

:clap:

1 Like

I have the nord rack and i love it- it sits perfectly in the mix and I assume it could be a good companion to a Lyra8

Exactly :slight_smile: