What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

Great synth, nice buy, i have one myself. They are so heavy but sound great. Back light is super easy to install and is a game changing for easier editing. I found the original light/screen was to hard to see and editing was a pain. Joy to edit now.

Healthy buttons also help.

One thing to bear in mind on Mk1 DX7s is that the midi parameter implementation is 0-100, not 0-127.

Finally, the audio interface I really need:

11 Likes

Nice, I have the original Audiofuse and that crammed in a lot, but always hoped they would expand the line ins and outs into something like this.

The Bluetooth in is hella convenient, and so is the way that little button switches on and off the AudioFuse control center on my laptop.

Looking forward to diving in to this little Greek God/Goddess.

31 Likes

Oooh, nice!

I’ve had no word from Thomann as to when mine is coming, only that I’m in the first batch.

1 Like

Nice! I have the AudioFuse Studio and the 8pre as and ADAT Expander. Works really nice!

1 Like

@OverUnity I think you’re gunna like this one. It sounds bloody immense!

2 Likes

Same here, from Gear4music.

1 Like

The Beato Book.
the intention is pretty obvious — to know moar theory.

2 Likes

What’s up with the headphone out? Planned on selling my A4 this week and getting an alpha Juno and a dx7 or 100, is the issue (whatever it is) still there on the dx100/27 do you know?

Noisy, crackly, tinny and generally sounds like it was made out of tinfoil and soldered by a toddler with a zippo. The audio output on the back is fine though and it sounds bloody marvelous.

Thomann have just emailed saying they won’t be getting the first batch until the 17th so looks like I have to wait at least two weeks now. :sob:

Yep, what @Fin25 said. It’s just useless, to the point that you wonder if it’s broken. Main out is fine. :thup:

Right out of the Oven

Just came in (Model:Cycles)

Headphones got last week AKG K240S

Guess I should make some music now lol

14 Likes

I picked up this beast on Sun! I couldn’t resist adding the SEM Boomstar to go alongside my SE80. First up, I’m going experiment with the midi overflow, see how building some Boomstar polyphony sounds. I’m also going to experiment running different interlocking arp patterns through each one. Should be tasty.

I managed to briefly plug in the SEM and have a noodle on Sunday evening when I got it home – it sounds glorious and huge, like all Boomstars. Just tuning the oscillators a 5th apart, I lost 30mins in that analog sound!

11 Likes

aren’t they beautiful?!
intention: looking super cool on stage when playing gigs

12 Likes

Just introduced the DB-01 to a still-new DT, and I’m tempering the temptation to add a DN until I’m fully fluent in both. The Bassline is such a scorcher!

17 Likes

arrrrrr, makes me so envious.
Bassline is hardly affordable for me.