What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1)

Nice to see a plumbutter next to an Octatrack. I’ve been meaning to add a post of my recent acquisitions. Among them is a Cocoquantus.

1 Like

It’s beautiful! Have fun!

1 Like

Those were my first monitors. I still have them. I know them well for references. Steve Bug has the same.

1 Like

Not a gear guy?

They have had a 10 year run. I won’t get rid of them.

1 Like

:laughing: Well I did sell 12 items, and a few more still for sale, and some more that I didn’t advertise yet :wink:

2 Likes

please do!

1 Like

He had me at dual P-90’s.

1 Like

Intentions: ride a bike that doesn’t send me right to the chiropractor (those in my age cohort will understand)

16 Likes

I also recently bought the mobile 3… but last I checked the Mobile 3 doesn’t work with Filmic Pro. Also, the electronics in the Mobile 3 cause interference with audio and dropped footage in their app. Only way I have been able to fix it is with a blank device with ONLY their app on it.

Hoping updates fix this, but for now nearly useless for me :frowning:

Thank you!!! This is a powerful compact setup for me. 30 synth voices, 8 sample voices and 24 tracks to sequence everything. No sound card, just Overbridge and it works like a charm. I couldn’t be any happier!

1 Like

My replacement Lyra 8 arrived this evening. The original was white but I’m diggin’ the 60’s sci-fi vibe of the orange.

27 Likes

Ok, I finally got some pictures to share. This all started with a Benjolin that I got at the beginning of the year. Lately, I’ve been enjoying plugging it in and twisting knobs with no real aim; letting it do its thing. I’ll listen to it bleep and drone while working from home. It’s been such a refreshing, exploratory experience that I thought I’d dive a little deeper into the banana world. Particularly with other synths that draw inspiration from chaotic behavior. In the span of a week or two, I stumbled on a Lorre Mill Double Knot and a Ciat Lonbarde Cocoquantus for decent prices. I had some funny money from gear sales and went for it. My intent is to explore analog knob twisting and deep listening. The double knot is a lot of fun, and interesting. The Cocoquantus really grabs my attention though. I’m excited, because I’ve had my eye on it off and on for a while. Anyway, here are the photos ftw.

17 Likes

Two new additions to the setup:

Intentions: portable I/O and master MIDI keyboard (looking forward to using it with DN)

7 Likes

was planning on saving up for a nord rack 2. plan was to get it in a month. I dont know what happened, but I just snagged one… It just happened haha :grin:

nord2

I have wanted one for years now. It has something in the sound that I cant find anywhere else. Plan is to let it make those beautiful techno sounds, stabs and plucks its so well known for. And I need some color in my studio.

16 Likes

Getting back a digitone on monday…Only synth I ever truly missed after selling…

4 Likes

Nice! Mine comes today. Similar setup, DT, DN, AH, cough DeepMind12d cough. Okay well the Deepmind and the ob6 aren’t quite the same. I’m throwing in a fantom so maybe that makes me a little cooler?

Selling off my mpc live an mc 101.

2 Likes

Amazing synth this. You’re quite right, it has a sound I haven’t found in anything else, even the G1. I’ve had mine from new and only come close to selling it once as was seriously broke, like no rent money broke, but my wife (gf at the time) said if I sell it she’ll leave me haha.

5 Likes

I had to return that keyboard. 1cm too tall for my keyboard tray. Devastated and unsure what to replace it with. Don’t care much for NI but their s range is probably my best bet.

No wonder you married her. That’s a keeper

2 Likes