Whats wrong with the letter H?

so we can look forward to the Analog Five and the Analog Nine next then ;)[/quote]
Analog Fish[/quote]
Analog ****[/quote]
DAMN IT PETER! Well there goes our plans for next year.
(…hey guys, shut it down…)

i keep seeing it as rtfm.

real techno fish machine

Dear foreigners, please get over Abba already :slight_smile: We prefer to be recognized for Entombed, Anti Cimex, Adam Beyer and TM404.

I kind of like the Swedish spelling, it’s in line with brand being spelt with a “k” (the Swedish word for electron, the particle orbiting an atom).

Why does that small country have so much innovation and impact on the world?

I think partly because we have ruled ourselves since the sixteenth century (and most of the time before that too), and partly because our greatest riches in modern times have been ore and lumber. Both needed to be brought south a great distance from the cold northern parts of our country and then refined.
So we needed engineering to get the iron out of the ground and the trees out of the forests, and also had plenty of materials and fuel to manufacture things. Skilled craftsmen from what is present-day Belgium were also invited to come and work in Sweden, bringing their knowledge.
Later we utilized our great rivers in the north with fast rapids to get cheap electricity. Inventors came up with ingenious things like dynamite, the spanner and ball bearings. Avoiding serious social unrest in the early 20th century by way of corporatism and cleverly staying out of both world wars also helped.

1 Like

eh… did someone mention Scotland ? :wink:

love this thread!

letters —> ABBA —> cultural influences of Sweden to the world and brief history lesson

I think partly because we have ruled ourselves since the sixteenth century (and most of the time before that too), and partly because our greatest riches in modern times have been ore and lumber. Both needed to be brought south a great distance from the cold northern parts of our country and then refined.
So we needed engineering to get the iron out of the ground and the trees out of the forests, and also had plenty of materials and fuel to manufacture things. Skilled craftsmen from what is present-day Belgium were also invited to come and work in Sweden, bringing their knowledge.
Later we utilized our great rivers in the north with fast rapids to get cheap electricity. Inventors came up with ingenious things like dynamite, the spanner and ball bearings. Avoiding serious social unrest in the early 20th century by way of corporatism and cleverly staying out of both world wars also helped. [/quote]

How is the educational system in Sweden with respect to science and engineering? Where did the Elektron, TE, Clavia etc people study?

Entombed should be mentioned more often on this forum !
Tack

lol…yeah same here.
Read Your Tossin" Manual will you ?

In Sweden you can study at the university for free.

1 Like

Yea this makes sense since I was asking me the same question, why no H…
A little anectode, I’m italian, so translation is “Ritmo”, but never use this word in Brasil since, there, the sense is something bloody else! :wink:

fixed

…and we only get the chocolate ones here in germany! there’s a wee shop that sells godis but nothing that can be compared to a swedish godis shop :sob:

(i love naturgodis…mmm…super lecker :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )

Ja vil har Bila!!!

In Spanish, the ‘h’ doesn’t sound. It works for me. :joy:

I know we’re all from different countries and have different ways of pronouncing things and that’s alright. Just curious if there’s a consensus?

I basically say “riddum”, which is probably an Americanized way. I hear “rih-tum” and “rit-uhm” but the one I don’t get is “rhythm”…Cause there’s no “h” in the name?!

We have to get to the bottom of this hyper important issue!

Want breaks? https://youtu.be/gBUP7nSTpOM :slightly_smiling_face:

And, of course, Analog Tree and Analog Eigt

1 Like

H is the loneliest letter that you’ll ever do.

H can be be as bad as F it’s the loneliest letter since the letter H