What's some gear you want you know you'll never own?

I would also swear by anything I spent that much money on–my ego couldn’t bare it otherwise.

8 Likes

Oxford OSCar with MIDI

1 Like

Sequentix Cirklon
Emu SP1200 Turbo
Roland TR-909
Roland TB-303 w/ Devilfish Mods

2 Likes

even the PS-3100. :begging:

I am lucky enough to have had access to a mic park with all the big names on the floor. Yes, the expensive mics sounded better. How much better? An important teeny tiny bit. But only for the very best musicians, in a perfect recording setup. How many of us have that to begin with?

If you are making six figures each year, you can afford five figures for a mic. The rest of us shouldn’t sweat it.

4 Likes

really thought about that question for a long time but can´t find an answer !

1 Like

I never quite understood this myself with those prices, but it’s gotta do something special for the people who use it.

I’d personally rather spend $9000 on proper sound treatment to make my current mics/studio sound even better.

3 Likes

Not unobtainable but i’ve wanted a Vermona Perfourmer MKII since they were 1st released.

Often I got to the point of having just the right money but then I’d always end up buying something else. Annoyingly I’ve ended up selling all those things that stopped me from buying one.

I very much doubt i’ll ever get one now, but i’ll always want one.

2 Likes

All the legendary samplers from the golden age of boombap: mpc60 & 3000, sp1200, asr10, s950… some of them because they cost a lot, most of them because I lack space.

I also crave an op1 like mad, but dat pricetag, hmmfff… I could shell out that money if Teenage Engineering werent so known for the awful quality control and customer service, though.

3 Likes

SOMA Pulsar-23. I don’t really need any more drum machine, really. Sounds awesome, though.

I don’t need a Moog Matriarch either, but here again it sounds really great.

6 Likes

Monomachine. Looks to be such an amazing and deep piece of kit, can’t justify the price. Though they aren’t too, too expensive.

1 Like

Moog One

Played with one for an hour in store a week or so ago.

Most amazing synth.

Every button, every function so well thought out and so easy to use.

The sound… Cs80 you have been dethroned!

I actually started running the numbers and looking into personal loans.

But at $13k here in Australia it’s just not going to happen for me. I could buy a whole new rig of Elektrons and Eurorack for less than.

5 Likes

A stradivarius

5 Likes

I had one that I paid maybe 500 for? Even at that price I couldn’t justify it for what the OP1 provided.

1 Like

Hm, thinking about it more now, I ought to say a Rhodes. I love the sound but I can’t play keys for shit. Would just be embarrassing.

3 Likes

Yeah, totally worth it. It’s one of those Instruments you keep forever

1 Like

Oh, yes ! I’ve slways dreamed of a Rhodes.
Got me the Reface CP, but somehow it didn’t click. Guess I should learn to play for real to appreciate this.

4 Likes

Never say never. I’ve owned (and still own) nearly all of my dream synths, with the exception of a Moog III with sequencer complement. That won’t ever happen… I think?

6 Likes

You posted anywhere about your favs?

I have a couple of friends with 73s. One of my regrets is not buying one years ago.