What's playing at your funeral?

There would definitely be people at my funeral who remember me treating them in the ways described in Hurt! A long time ago in a previous life.

It’s odd this isn’t it. It’s completely inevitable yet (hardly) nobody wants to talk about it. You don’t even have the right to help ending your own life if that’s your wish, if you are in screaming pain 24h day or practically brain dead.

1 Like

Paradise Lost :slight_smile:

or

2 Likes

entrance (full playout before speeches):

middle song with photo montage:

exit music (drinks in the foyer) :

2 Likes

@Fin25 Getting it out there just in case, huh…
Smart move, but should we have to worry?
Planning a skydive or exotic vacation? Going to Tesco?

Edit: I mean ALDI:rofl:

1 Like

Circus music with Rick Astley thrown in for good measure.

4 Likes

Nothing. There’ll nobody to play anything most likely. And after all, isn’t silence the most beautiful music sometimes?

My suggestions have a solid upbeat party vibe (even the piano piece has a sort of positive acceptance gloss): this is my challenge to the taboo.

1 Like

First

Second

3 Likes

Coil are dead good, aren’t they?

1 Like

Silence so everyone can sit and contemplate how lucky they were to know me and feel guilty for any time they annoyed me. I shall pass into the furnace soundtracked by an awkward silence

3 Likes

I’m sure french elektronauts like @sezare56 will validate this choice

4 Likes

In

Out

2 Likes

‘You would cry to if it happened to you’

1 Like
Hidden to protect the devout

My grandmother likes to tell stories about various scientific luminaries that had “deathbed conversions” to Christianity. I never took her seriously until I saw this tweet:

https://twitter.com/abrahamjoseph/status/1543916161175326721

Now im planning a funeral with music heavily inspired by Christian theology: starting with Ozzy & Nine Inch Nails. For some biblically accurate angels, I’ll have some big screens setup where the younger generation can play all of the Bayonetta games released during my lifetime.

More seriously: an environmentally sensitive cremation and either burial at sea or dispersal of ashes into the winds atop a mountain appeal most to me. Environmental sounds at either location should be more than suitable.

An industrial funeral-rave at what was once the Limelight would be amazing though.

1 Like

Got a bit out of breath and dizzy going upstairs the other day.

The grim reaper approaches…

2 Likes

We did this with my father. It was his idea, a good one too, now we can go climb the mountain (more of a hill really) on Father’s Day and remember him. Of course the wind blew the wrong way at the exact wrong moment, and a good bit of the ashes blew all over us!

3 Likes
6 Likes

Resomation (Alkaline Hydrolysis) …

1 Like

Typical dad move.

2 Likes