What's on your Xmas List? (Thom Yorke Book "Fear Stalks The Land")

Just added this to my Xmas list Fear Stalks the Land! - A Commonplace Book by Thom Yorke, Stanley Donwood – Canongate Books

What’s on yours?

2 Likes

Tshirts with images of 303’s on em. my girlfriend gets me new ones every Xmas and I love every one of them :blush::pager:

in related news, just watched Susperia remake on Saturday. Yorke’s soundtrack was lovely :fire:

6 Likes

soma ether

6 Likes

Nothing. Don’t really do anything for Christmas outside of relevant church activities.

Although my housemate/bff and I have started a tradition (Christmas and birthdays) where we tell each other an awesome gift idea that we had (within budget) but don’t actually buy it. Because it’s the thought that counts.

7 Likes

Mac mini m1 for me this year. I’ve wanted to already buy it, but moving to another apartment was so expensive, that it will have to be a xmas present.

2 Likes

Nothing.

I dont do the commercial or religious version.

Edit: I’ll get invloved with any pre christian yuletide goings on if I’m in the northern hemisphere. It makes not bloody sense in the southern hemisphere though. Summer innit.

3 Likes

I don’t really celebrate Christmas, but as a celebrated misanthrope, I take great pleasure in going to Tesco on Christmas Eve and just soaking up the panic for an hour or two.

Fucking nectar.

21 Likes

:joy: :+1: lovely

1 Like

This beaut over here:

Ikeda is amazingly transparent on his setups and there is so much to learn about his approach for multichannel audiovisual works.

2 Likes

the most expensive gear — new shiny dental bridges.

1 Like

I always have trouble thinking of anything I want, it is usually something mundane like aftershave or t-shirts.

I’m not really into the whole consumerism thing, but I do like Christmas, mainly because seeing family, the nice food/drink and the old fashioned good will/Christmas spirit.

That said last year my Mrs* bought me a OTAE which was nice, she usually always gets me something great synth related though.

*Pronounced “misses/missus”, not “EmAreEss”

3 Likes

emmkaytoooo :joy:

2 Likes

I’ll die on that hill :joy:

3 Likes

Nice book recommendation, if I wasn’t trying to limited physical possessions I would ask for it this year. I don’t have any asks at all - generally happy with a new videogame to play and some socks/pants.

If anybody ever asks me what I want for Christmas, I always say socks.

I almost never wear socks.

2 Likes

I have the same exact thing going on with underwear

1 Like

I’m getting too old to get away with commando.

And then definitely point it at any flickering Christmas tree lights you have going on :wink:

The two new Roland Boutiques and the Korg Volca Sample 2.

1 Like

Books. Tools are always good too.

1 Like