What's next for Elektron?

Dronebox

About class compliant audio over USB the Analog Heat was before the Digitakt, Digitone, Analog Four mk2 & Analog Rytm mk2.

So quite logical to expect class compliant audio over USB updates for these machines too.

Seems like OTmk1/2 & A4/ARmk1 are not getting class compliant audio over USB because USB1.1

Now roll out the class compliant USB update and close this ecosystem :ecstatic:

2 Likes

MC-707 like?

1 Like

No joke, i think the 707 looks compelling AF.

It’s got excellent sound design(but controls are severely crippled, sadly) and it’s not some touchscreen BS.

I’m between that and an MPC Live- but that’s basically a computer

Not sure if this is something too crazy to ask for, but I would just love to see elektron try an 8 voice subtractive synth, WITH KEYBOARD :slight_smile: This sure would get me going… :wink:

I know where you’re coming from. The MC-707 made me consider selling my OT for a hot minute. But honestly, what DAW do you know of that limits projects to 80 Mb or whatever it is? And there is just enough arbitrary Roland BS that I reversed course and decided to stick with the devil I know.

Rather, I mean an integrated device that I can use like a multitrack recorder with mic pres and such, but is also an Elektron groovebox. Basically a computer with an audio interface built in and a specialized UI. Also, and this might be the most important part, no way to distract myself with the internet.

2 Likes

Not necessarily a new product, but a feature I’d like to see on their more expensive models. A stereo effects send/return with a dedicated fader or knob to adjust fx mix level. It would be cool to be able to select a single track, or all tracks to run through external effects without having to use a mixing board or computer.

3 Likes

Elektron DAW :astonished:

3 Likes

please no

4 Likes

A simplified three channel stereo mixer with some delay and reverb effects and the elektron sequencer - like an OT but no sampling.

6 Likes

Am I the only one who would like to see a full Elektron eco system with with the ability to add as many audio or midi inputs as you need, effects processing engine and etc while everything is controlled by an Octatrack type machine.

2 Likes

Elektron LFOcta: an absolute f*k tonne of freely assignable LFO’s in one handy box.
Lfo an LFO. LFO an LFO thats LFO’ing another lfo. or how about lfo’ing all those lfo’s with yet another lfo. Now you can. LFOcta sps-10 mk3 :grinning:

5 Likes

If they’ve been looking at this thread, they’re probably working on something like this, a LOT of people recommend/want a similar thing.

Dude. Yes. After poking around in Overbridge I’ve definitely warmed up more to this idea.

Especially is they did a Maschine sorta thing where it has its own dedicated controller for controlling everything in the software. Except the controller, knowing Elektron, would be able to have an offline mode where you can assemble tracks/performances in the daw and play them live without a computer.

I’d definitely be down for this- unlike most of the community :smiley:

2 Likes

Yes !

An Elektron DAW sound possible. Overbridge is the first step to put their machines in computer. Actually many of us don’t like DAW because it’s too complexe, or not so intuitive with keyboard and mouse. But I admit, talking about sampling, digital synth or FX, a computer offer more power than machines. Making a dedicated controller with integrated soundcard working with computer or mobile phone on an intuitive DAW should be cool and not so expensive. Everybody already own a computer or something similar.

1 Like

Elektron OverBrain
Elektron OverDAW
Elektron AnalogDAW

3 Likes

In theory and elektron DAW would be awesome, but we all know elektron is not really all that great at software.

3 Likes

a standalone Elektron tracker perhaps :+1:t3: but please god no daws :sweat_smile:

2 Likes