What's next for Elektron?

I’ve come close to being the opposite of this. Started on DT, added OT and have hardly used anything else since. Mainly due to scenes, longer sample loads and slicing. I still have and love my DT, but it doesn’t get used as often these days. I wouldn’t personally want to use OB all the time. Really just to load stuff into the DAW for final mix stuff.

1 Like

Tried getting away from the Daw with the OT for a bit but it didnt gel with me as much as Ableton. I do miss the scenes/fader. Id pick one up if I played live though, wouldn’t trust the computer for gigs.

1 Like

totally agree with this, being able to put your “go to” plug ins in the signal chain but carry on using the DT as you are use to completely changes the game. The only thing that would improve it for me is being able to drag samples from the DAW to the Digitakt plug in. I get that is probably a bit complicated, but it’d be nice to be able to process stuff and get it back into the Digitakt for jamming/performing a little more easily.

1 Like

I tried dragging an Ableton session clip straight to the transfer app - it totally works. But yeah I get what you mean.

My Wishes go for :

• Analog Keys 8 Voices

• VA 16/24/32 Voices 4 Tracks 128 Steps

• Compressor box ala Analog Heat

2 Likes

Thumbs-Up for a Wavetalbe Synth, same footprint as digitakt/ digitone :+1:

I’m already using Digitakt as a wavetable synth - it can do all the things necessary (and a lot more besides) for classic wavetable synthesis, ala PPG. It’d be nice if I didn’t have to leave the Digitakt to make proper linear wavetables, but then again, one needed a Waveterm computer to do that with a PPG synth as well. :wink:

1 Like

tbh Transfer is a bit sketchy about recognising my 'takt on the current firmware… think I have too much MIDI stuff plugged in and the name doesn’t come up etc…

plus then you have to go in, add it to the project, and then assign to a pad…

I’m being picky I realise. Somehow I’ll cope.

:wink:

My thinking was wavetable synthesis ala Korg Wavestation Plus all the morping, folding that current software can do. I have a wavestation and although the sound is really nice and warm it lacks programing ease and fun.

1 Like

Yeah, that would be cool. I bought a new Wavestation back when they were first released and it was my main synth for years. I knew that thing inside and out. One of the main reasons I was initially drawn to the Elektron machines was that the p-locks allowed for sequences that were not a million miles away from wavesequences.

2 Likes

In case you haven’t you may want to check out Sugar Bytes Turnado…

It’s a plugin that runs 8 fx at once, 24 to choose from. Each of the 8 fx has a main knob that modulates that fx parameters, how it modulates the parameters is customizable: positive or negative influence, different transformation curves, range, etc… Next there is the “dictator” which is a fader that has customizable automation lanes for the fx main knobs. So basically when you move the dictator it’s activating/deactivating and turning the main knobs of the 8 fx in a way that you set up, and each of the 8 knobs are in turn modulating the actual fx parameters in a way that you set up. It’s pretty insane and kinda like scenes as you move a fader and it affects all sorts of parameters, you can easily map the fader to a midi controller… There’s a demo version available but I don’t if it’s timed or limited or whatnot…

Once I had the OT running through Turnado and mapped the OT crossfader to the dictator fader, moving the fader manipulated all the OTs internal parameters while at the same time morphing/modulating the parameters of the 8 fx it was running through, it was crazy in a very good way… :smile:

Back on topic, what’s next for Elektron?
Probably a sound pack… :smile:

8 Likes

I probably posted my last post in the wrong topic (predictions for naam 2019). But It would be nice to see Elektron’s version of a MX-1 but with some balls! Enough channels for every output of Elektrons current lineup. Mappable cc rotaries for each channel. Each channel mappable fx’s and an Elektron sequencer available for each channel. Fwd, rev, pndl, rnd on the sequencer for effects etc.

3 Likes

I’d like to see Elektron’s take on a the sample/synthesis hybrid synth, something like D-50 but more modern, more Elektron.

1 Like

Portable battery powered unit ala op-1 / op-z.

multitrack step sequencing ala opz.
big a$$ screen ala Op1.

:smile:

2 Likes

so where is this new workstation groovebox ala roland yamaha rm1x-
combining a4 rythm digitone and OT into one system with 3-4 separarate control sections for each part making a layer seq multi tracker slasher midi hacker :stuck_out_tongue: write it having 4 five units is almost as big as all in one could be one big fat system one bag and done.

4 Likes

I keep thinking about a companion box for DT or DN that allows for performance FX. It strikes me (as a programmer myself) that OB is a bit of a nightmare but a self-contained box would probably be an easier proposition - single proprietary device to create and support rather than multiple software operating systems and computer setups etc. If I could have some performance FX in the DT format and use multiple channels (even just a couple) of that through a single USB cable, I’d pay the same price as my DT again right now. Basically just a dedicated DT/DN mixer/FX box in the same format. A crossfader would be the icing on the cake.

Or, failing that daydream scenario, simply the ability to break out each DT audio channel (or bus a few together and have 2-4 channels out) so they could be sent out to a DJ mixer or similar to give better performance options.

3 Likes

NOTHING! They go to fast, release new boxes to fast, need to fix the promised OB, need to update most machines, sort out bugs, do better quality control, need to find better beta testers, maybe better and faster programmers, maybe need to reorganize the whole company and marketing strategy, as it isn’t anymore ‘the boutique’ brand which we trusted blindly!

4 Likes

This appears to be a likely product for Elektron to release at some point… DigiBridge or OverBlend.

I am certain we will get a full OB release really soon. Just hold on a little longer. Fill up your machines with the hundreds of patterns and kits they are capable of holding and be ready to record all your fav stuff through OB really soon :slight_smile:

also it kind of baffles me how many people complain about lack of OB but didn’t bother to sign up for the beta? I got the feeling that the majority of beta testing applicants were accepted eventually.

2 Likes

Could it be some people want to use stable software that doesn’t risk messing up their computer?

Also, not everyone was accepted in the beta.

2 Likes