What's next for Elektron?

this!

How about they make 2018 the year of no new hardware and just focus on getting their recent wave of existing products operating at 100%?

6 Likes

This year is their 20 year anniversary so I highly doubt it

1 Like

Elektron is releasing smaller machines, at a faster rate, probably due to marketing reasons.

Somewhere, I hope they consider to make a large elektron box. I mean, the rytm OR digitakt could use 4 to 8 voices more, a HP filter extra per voice, maybe another LFO per voice, free enveloppe… The A4 should benefit with 2 or 4 voices more too! I want a XXL sound design box.

Or what about 1 device that combines the rytm drum machines, more samples/layering capabilities (like tempest), the A4 and digitone synth machines in one extra large box!! :sweat_smile: Just double press sound and choose your machine (A4/digitone/rytm machines) I know it would be expensive but so what?

Other people have the same dreams?

1 Like

16 voices, 2 analog filters per voice, digital oscillators/polyphonic(!) sample playback/FM, resampling, user programmable machines (Pure Data?), 2+ insert FX per voice, side chaining options and an extension of the conditional trig concept would be awesome. EDIT: also throw in on device multitrack recording and per track EQ or individual outs in the mix.

2 Likes

I would totally buy the Analog16. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My dream:

12 + 12 = 24 voices

12 drum/sample playback voices
12 synth voices (6 analog 6 digital)

2 delay sends
2 reverb sends
Or more fx slots
Song mode!!!
3lfo/voice.
Voice stealing (not possible I think)

1 Like

Please Elektron, give us a simple digital mixer with :

• Usb host for overbridge enabled devices handling sync and audio streams.
  • faders, solo, mute groups, assignable midi cc knobs per channel.
  • SD card multitrack recording, and overbridge interface with the computer.
  • 1 pair of A/D for 1 external in (like the octatrack?).
  • 1 pair of D/A to connect to a PA.

pleeease :sob:

[EDIT] with a cue mix and additional D/A for a phone output!

3 Likes

kinda like a Roland MX1 ? Too bad each company makes its own incompatible proprietary thing (overbridge/aira link/total integration)

3 Likes

oh yes i didn’t realized it was almost the same thing !
i was thinking of a OVERHUB MK2 :wink:

have you considered the zoom l12? pretty damn close

Wow this one seems compact and feature packed!
THIS box with digital inputs for overbridge devices and only one single stereo analog input for other devices = instant buy for me.

no need for expensive additional ADs, mic pres ect…

I don’t get all the dreams of a machine that combines and does everything. Too many options and functions don’t make you more creative. Elektron machines already have many pages, shortcuts and menus. Combining all there machines to one big “does everything” machine would be a mess.

I rather prefer separate machines that are focused on specific tasks (like the current lineup). It also allows to use the different instruments at the same time, instead of switching between them inside one big “drums+synthesis+thousand effects+mixer” machine

3 Likes

They released 4 in a year, 2 big ones, 2 small ones.
I don’t think I’d like an all in one Elektron box, way too stuffed and not enough UI to feel fluid.
The A4 is already slow to navigate.

1 Like

I always thought that a melodic machine with sampler and synthesis is yet missing.
I mean, we have the rytm and the MD mkii, both have synthesis methods and sampler capabilities, both are drum machines.
What about a synth (as the DN, A4,MnM) with 8 tracks of digital synthesis and also sampling?
In an architecture maybe similar to that of the RYTM, 1sample player, 1synth per voice.
With resampling, arps and all that… you could make all kind of textures summing samples of voices to digital synthesis, or repitching a synth sound many times and stacking the results 1 octave each other to then sequence it harmonically, etc.
I think it would be someting new and usefull, and not over the top. Very symilar to a DN+DT integrated and expanded

2 Likes

Also it would be relatively easy to implement since the fundamental architechture of that hypothetical synth is allready developed for DT and DN, and we would also get all the features weirdly missing from both dn+dt (parameter and note slides, song mode, p-lockable arp please! and maybe a little keyboard)

20 yrs, well i feel old now.

Elektron would be mad not to celebrate in style with a 16 track machinedrum/monomachineUW release with all the bells and whistles

1 Like

Hi, today I posted a thread about a XXL Elektron box but it was merged with “whats next for elektron”. Because I could not get the idea out of my head I started working on a drawing in paint on how my future all in one box elektron machine would look like. This is the result:

Its a combination of the best things of previous elektron boxes. I will say nothing more, I tried to keep it simple, if you look at it you should understand it. If the mods want to merge this thing in the other thread again, no biggy! But I think this deserves some attention LOL :D.

2 Likes

No crossfader or alternative?

4 Likes

Elektron Digidaw:

• 24 Hybrid voices / tracks
  • plus 16 midi tracks
  • 3 ENV / 3 LFO per track (double or triple press ENV or LFO to go to ENV 2, 3 …)
  • 2 delays + 2 reverbs
  • 3 layers/sources per voice = source can be FM machine/Wave Machine/Sampler/Noise Gen … double press SRC to choose machine. So 1 tracks can layer up to 3 voices)
  • Each source has independed FILTER (3+1 filter per track)
  • Pads like analog rytm (smaller ones). The pads change into chromatic keyboard when switched to keyb
  • … :smiley:
  • Poly config / voice stealing matrix
5 Likes