What's next for Elektron?

“We understand that there’s a bit of upset regarding OS Updates and Overbridge delays- to make up for it, we’re releasing the DigiWave- a digitakt-style wavetable synthesizer available now at elektron.se” :smiley:

10 Likes

where is the pre-order button? I gotta have the Digiwave NOW to complement the other Digis, especially since it has candy coloured buttons in different colours from the Digitone!

2 Likes

You know I actually checked the News page straight after reading your post? :smiley:

3 Likes

I’m seeing that little number attached to the link grow…

*sigh*

Edit: Maybe I’m actually really funny, but no one knows that I’m joking! THAT’S my problem! I’m leaving electronic music and going into standup-comedy

3 Likes

SO it’s been half an hour already and still no confirmation for the release date of the Digiwave. This is killing me and I don’t think I can bear it much longer.

3 Likes

I can confirm that

3 Likes

That would be a REALLY ballsy move :open_mouth:

I would REALLY like to see a good rc505 equivalent. Good easy to use live looping, great remix oriented effects and a possibility for lots of happy accidents.

2 Likes

Honestly, I believe that Elektron should fix all the lineup first. I own an AK and an AR. They are stunning machines. I plan to get a digitone but It’s clearly a work-in-progress product (for what I came to understand even digitakt is) and I look foward to know how they intend to boost/change the midi sequencer capabilities of it (seems different to digitakt and not that much clever especially the notes input system and managing).
With new small boxes releases they surely improved the UI in a friendly manner but, that said, a system to put together all boxes is needed because of the differences between analog and digital products in term of pattern, chain and song system. My hope is that the standalone version of overbridge is going to address this issue.
In my opinion, several hardware-only oriented users (Elektron’s rootusers in the past) basically almost ignored overbridge in the vst format, because of uncertainty of support and for the unreliable interdependency with computer OS and DAWs.
To sum-up what’s next for Elektron:

1. Fix Digitakt once and for all
  2. Fix Digitone once and for all
  3. Release a simpler, stable, easy to update standalone overbrige for sync, data sync, kit librarian, sound editor and trait d’unione purposes.
  4. Maybe include the transfer app functionalities in standalone overbridge because we don’t want to install 3 apps to manage hardware synths because we love hardware.

There is a lot of work to do.

5 Likes

DigiTrak (oh no another DT!) 8 stereo channel mixer, recorder - both linear and looping, 2 fx per channel, master fx x2, USB hostx8 for midi/audio, 16 1/4 jack inputs for 8 stereo inputs, 8 1/4 jack outputs fully configurable as separate outs, buss outs, monitor outs, master outs. Oled screen with waveform editing, hdmi port for connection to a monitor, USB ports can be configured for mouse, keyboard, flash drive etc. Built in ssd, sd or cf card slot, battery power option.

That’d do!

But realistically probably a quite period of development of OS for existing machines and OB.

I am pretty sure their investors expect another new box by H2/2018.

Digitank

•8 wheels, 2 tracks
•4 crew (Commander, Gunner, Loader & Driver)
•60-80 tons
bare minimum 498 gal fuel capacity
•2-3 mounted .50 cal M2 machine guns
•overbridge enabled

5F317004-164D-4EB0-9167-80ED740978E2

30 Likes

First pics of working overbridge have arrived!

6 Likes

I read Digidrums…

oh i forgot - they hooked up with some money-people … you could be right

What about a MachineDrum Mk.III

i think they did a future-step in the right direction with the DigiTone

1 Like

Overbridge

its the only next thing im waiting from Elektron.

2 Likes

YES. Leave the DAW plugin for when they can get it to work properly!

1 Like

Call it something like Elektron Central or Elektron Manager or whatever.

1 Like

Elektron’s M.O. always seems to be about doing more with less, stripped back, even a bit rough. I don’t think we’ll ever see a hyper-complicated box from them that’s loaded with faders and rows of buttons. Its always been about primarily using encoders, cramming as much features into those as possible. The OT is the only time they ever did a fader, and they figured out how to cram as much into it as possible.

I honestly don’t know what they’ll do next, possibly more in the foot pedal / fx processor department - both of which they haven’t touch for a while now.

I wonder if they’ll release a Digital Keys?

I also wonder if they’ll do a digital box that’s more flagship - say, a Digitone in a larger MKii style package, with all the bells and whistles like note and param slide, and all the features you expect from a bigger box like song mode, instant bank changes etc.

I don’t think anything particularly ‘new’ will come for a while, more like upgrades / beefier versions / extractions of their current tech into pedals / fx boxes / keyboards or a Mkii style Digitone/Takt combo

1 Like