What's next for Elektron?

Is it even realistic that Elektron announce something new at NAMM 2018? It’s a relatively small company and they just realised the mkII line. I would not be surprised if they don’t announce anything new until 2019.

do you really think this true actually?

1 Like

Founded in 2006, Elektron Music Machines MAV AB is a small organization in the furniture companies industry located in Göteborg, Sweden. It has approximately 20 full-time employees and generates $10 million in annual revenue.
•• source ••

1 Like

This guy is hilariously enthusiastic about the madness this module can produce. I just got an OT MKII and am investing in this module to sample from. If Elektron produced a morphable wavetable with sequencer and scene fader it would be an instant buy for me.

2 Likes

yep this was the first demo that shows the truly insane sorts of sounds that this module is capable of producing

1 Like
9 Likes

With it’s footprint, accessibility, price and layout I have to say the DT was the greatest thing they’ve ever made. If you reverse quoted me back when it was first announced- I probably would have scoffed at you.

That 2x8 sequencer grid is MUCH more of a dream than anyone could have presumed.

5 Likes

DT box with loads of digital synthesis machines. Korg gadgets from Sweden in solid metal non apple product.

2 Likes

IMHO the Octatrack is the greatest product. But if you think about it, Elektron has only awesome stuff. For me the OT is a real game changer. It became the centrepiece of all my daw-les productions. Love my Elektron stuff!

1 Like

i’d be stoked if they got the overbridge stuff going and kept it at that :slight_smile:

Edit: Maybe they’ll do a whole new synth next now that a AKii seems eminent, just to throw people off a little.

No, the company we know would have been founded in 2006, doesn’t mean a previous company with a different status wasn’t existing before.
I just wanted to have some ideas about the size of the company, that’s all.

2 Likes

Wow. Their next product could be a table or bookshelf I guess?
Must be the previous company that made music machines

1 Like

Don’t ruin it, just let me think they’re Elves… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

thx Mike. was a nice read for the evening! :slight_smile:

1 Like

i love how people over here instantly start to hyperventilate over statements like these from elektron, which could easily be from any other company selling anything from car parts to kitchen utilities at any point in time and it would always be true.

but, you know, a car doesnt have trig conditions and stuff … :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Hmm…
I was just passing info as it seemed “better accessibility” in relationship to reading the rest of the article seemed to imply more DT style boxes, which Ryan hinted at…
And I thought some folks might want to read the article…

Those were my intentions, what others might make of it I don’t know…

1 Like

thanks for this, enjoyable read.

1 Like