What's next for Elektron?

My money is on this, or just any sort of digital synth in digitakt form. It just makes sense, theyve already got all analog bases and samplers covered

1 Like

Enormous amount of speculation here – reading tea leaves and rat entrails.

I noticed that the Elektron web-site now lists the Analog Keys as Out of Stock.
For the longest time the AK was the only Elektron synth that you could buy direct from Elektron.
Remember what happened after the A4 and RYTM and OT went out of stock?

Could it be …

5 Likes

I see AK is out of stock at Elektron store which makes me think MK2 is coming.(Similar pattern happened with A4) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Seeing A4 mk2 improvements, I must admit that I am pretty excited by this thought :smiley:

What about a flagship Anlaog Keys MK2 with 6 voices! :heart_eyes:

Fix bugs in 1.30

Haha, a lot of A4 MKII early adopters would get their pitchforks out.

1 Like

Thomann and other German Dealer currently are selling the AK for 1170€. So i bet…E. will announce for Winter NAMM the AK MK2

1 Like

What about a 16 voice polyphonic octatrack (might need a new name) with a keyboard and some kind of harddrive that will let you load regular vst plugins to fx slots. Id pay a lot.

The XVItrack, with its own “nks”-like standard.

This so much. After playing around with my DT- that form factor and price range is SO convenient. It feels welcome to be played anywhere for anything.

If they keep on with the Digital, then hopefully the newer DT-style box will have more midi tracks to further encourage me to purchase it(as that was their reason for leaving it off from the Analogs)

2 Likes

Thinking to a 8 voices or a 16 voices flagship Synth… where the SUB OSC not passing into the Filter but routed directly on the outputs. Include a Compressor and Distortion on the master section.

Of course price comes with it but hey, everyone can dream :slight_smile:

monomachine MKIII with updated sequencer & synthesis, instant buy !

4 Likes

If they’re going to increase the polyphony, then they better do 8 voices.

Octatrack Sequencer with 8 × Monomachine OSC’s going into Analog MKII Filters with 1 × insert FX p/track (Chorus/Overdrive/Compressor/Bitcrush) and 2 × FX sends (Delay/Reverb) in Digitakt form factor with minimum 2 × stereo outputs.
All this stuff already exists in current/previous machines… 1199 £/$/€

1 Like

…8 voices…

5448-full

1 Like

A multitrack with 8 stereo channels. Full of mind blowing, very clever features so you can make completely inspired arrangements by recording all your other gear. Sort of like a bigger octatrack that deals with recording but with just as many options.

1 Like

Why limit it to the sid station? MnM had the sid station in it. Personally, I’d be interested in something that would rival the MnM. I’m agreeing with most who think a new digital synth could be what’s next after the hype of the MK2’s dye down some. I can also see something DT form that would mesh greatly as an addition to the DT much how MD and MnM were a great team when they were still in production.

It would have to be at least comparable to what the MnM was for those who never had the pleasure as well as something in addition to those of us who still use our MnM.

I’d love this…
8 linear audio tracks ( 2 sequence-able FX, mute, bal 1/4" I/O, per track )
8 audio 1/4" I/O
1 master track out
2 Aux 1/4" IO per audio track
8 pattern midi tracks
8 polyphonic linear midi tracks
Headphone out
CF card storage

Doesn’t the MPC Live pretty much do all that?