What's next for Elektron?

I dunno about the expander or dedicated mixer ideas for one reason. It would primarily lock their sales into existing users of their products and wouldn’t really be considered by new buyers, negating any larger market share.

Whilst I think an analogue drum machine is the most logical, I would love to see a standalone MIDI/CV sequencer with FX.

Anything as long as it's not another *uckin ipad app!!
2 Likes

I dunno about the expander or dedicated mixer ideas for one reason. It would primarily lock their sales into existing users of their products and wouldn’t really be considered by new buyers, negating any larger market share.

^
I don’t think the Elektron mixer would do that.

e.g… < thinks of alternate set-up…quickly ! >

If I had a DSI Tempest, Blofeld, Moog Subphatty, TT303, MPC2500, & some external FX or pedals & wanted a production mixer for both studio & live it’d still be what I bought…

My point is that no-one really produces an audio mixer 100% suited to electronic music production in a compact, well featured device. Mixers are still stuck back in the last 30 odd years essentially. Even nice digital mixers like the Yamahas or Soundcrafts are not designed for EM production : imagine being able to treat your mixing like you do your sequencing / beat-making ? I don’t think even ITB mixers offer the sort of awesomeness that a sort of ‘monomachinemixer’ would ? Maybe Ableton Live I guess, but most software systems still ape a basic design from the 70’s…automation is one thing…but I’m talking about pattern sequencing - imagine what you could do with that ?!

[quote="“poonti”"]

Or an analog sampler? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: [/quote]
In another thread I proposed my “wishful thinking” prediction: An 8 instrument analog drum machine with 8 sample voices/tracks, 4 audio inputs, and “magical” 8, 12, and 16 bit AD converters…

Actually, an iPad app from Elektron would be awesome. I think the Monomachine would really benefit from one. I’d really like to be able to access more than one page of parameters for a single machine at a time, have something like Function + [knob] to tweak all parameters, etc.

If they made a mixer-like device that had step sequencing, FX, and a really tricked out song mode (I’d love some way to just program in something like a filter sweep on just one bar without having to make a new pattern for it), I’d be all over it…especially if you could multitrack it into a DAW over USB or FW.

I see your points and yeah that WOULD be amazing. It would be some hybrid between Push/Machine/Mixer/IO with Elektron brains. THAT would be incredible. The R+D on something like that would be massive.

+1 for the analog drummachine

or a really weird piece of FX gear like a sherman restyler/oto biscuit bastard or whatever. i believe in those guys!

1 Like

A Hartmann Neuron type device would not overlap with the existing product line-up, would bring in new users, and would fill an interesting gap in the market.

Realistically something incorporating analogue components makes sense given Elektron’s recent investment in this technology.

Well besides an Elektronautstyled Toy Robot, or kitchen, an FM Keyboard synth polyphonic, and easy to use and great sounding as Synplant a fantastic VST from another swedish company called sonic charge (Magnus Lidström), thats what i really would like to have and miss in my studio. It could have a joystick too and fabulously be used to control the monomachine. But this time it has not a step sequencer and is only focussi g on great sound and performance control.

How about a semi-modular analog/digital hybrid with kick ass effects and a little matrix for patching plus joystick for manipulating?

How about a semi-modular analog/digital hybrid with kick ass effects and a little matrix for patching plus joystick for manipulating?

I say that is a good idea; a analog drum machine is not a good strategy for Elektron and only for Elektron.

care to elaborate?

Instead of the joystick, on second thoughts the Octatrack like scenes would be better.

^ Also, add a generative sequencer instead of a step sequencer.

i’m hoping they produce a decent up to date thorough manual for the A4, gasp !
(although i think i’ve nailed most of it the hard way!) ; - ]

then, then … then (ie after the manual) something/anything i don’t want

i can’t live with the Elektron lust i’m already lumbered with

It’s coming …along with some updates to the OS :+1: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I just nibbled the whole carrot off my stick. can I have another one?

I wonder if Elektron are looking at the recent efforts from other companies to produce small, less expensive products and could be contemplating something as well? Maybe little modules that could integrate well with their own gear, as well as with other setups?

I recently discovered that i would love a small polyphonic 6 OP FM driven digitalsynth in the Microkorg Format, with knobs and sliders. Willing to pay at least 899,- if the sound is giving me a blast.

• 1 on the dedicated FM synth unit. Why not something like the SID but for FM ? Why not have a bit of an FM revival anyway, like with the analog stuff ?
    If only my Machinedrum had an FM machine with 4 op or something, with note option… I wonder if they could add such a machine in the MD. Would be so awesome. I’d probably pay for that.

*I’d say A4 updates before anything new (snapshots, automatable arp…)

*Official cheek ends for placing and stacking your stuff at an angle - can’t believe they didn’t do this yet.