What's next for Elektron?

It could be called Polymachine. :grinning:

2 Likes

… or “Melodigi”.

3 Likes

Id like it if they made their take on a modern portable mixer/recording
box.

1 Like

Yeah…Even just the concept or idea of a Mx-1 styled Elektron device makes me enthusiastic to a point at which i cannot contain myself… I need my Mx1 in my live setup but i can think of a million improvements the geniusbar-like-folk at Elektron could implement. that would make it an absolute must-have for many of us.

the more I play with my digitakt, the more I realise that it is made to improvise.
a digital 4 voice synth, made to jam with and playable with one hand only will be nice.

or an fx processor, highly playable with one hand…

This please

I always wanted to see some kind of hardware version of “The Finger.”
FX box with envelopes, LFO’s, sequencer.
The FX voices routing is dependent on the order they are played.
Velocity sensitive.
You choose from an array of fx, assigning one to a voice.
Bit Crushing
Comb Filtering
Pitch Shifting
Delays
Filters
Reverb
Distortion
etc.
The end goal being you can play the FX from a keyboard or sequence them and the routing is expressive.

1 Like

Anybody know anything? I’m hoping for a digital synth, a MNM mk II with a number of synthesis methods.

I imagine a new analog drum machine with 6 voices and 8 track sequencer, no samples and new drum pads in same small box as Digitakt. It just makes sense to build cheaper boxes to expand the user base further. Digitakt is an indication of what comes next. Sure we will probably see more MK2 versions but that’s just basically a facelift of their current high end boxes.

So I’m trying to follow the rumors and what some have mentioned about the vanishing stocks of the AR and now maybe the A4. On the flip side of this, the hopes of a return of the silver boxes maybe in a DT form. Now we have the OT MK2. Does that throw the return of the silver boxes idea out? Because of the updated Octatrack, this would make sense to bring MK2 versions of the AR &A4 being that these are still being updated and should not be considered completed machines. Then again, could the DT be considered a modern take on Machinedrum? If that’s the case then maybe there is a modern take on Monomachine in DT and heat form factor as well as mk2’s of A4 and AR? Elektron has stated that they will be releasing more than we’ve seen in the past.

My opinion, the machinedrum and monomachine were the cream of Elektron. Besides Sid the MD and MnM is where they have really shined. So a modern take on those two would make sense to me. Also, my opinion again, capitalize on the analog machines by giving them the new buttons and rotary’s.

The hype that was created with Digitakt’s release and springing the OT mk2 on us has made us monsters for what’s next. They are doing marketing right. How many of us, me included, have been fixated on wanting more sooner than later? Even though DT has been shaky with OS bugs they will work them out. But what DT will be with future OS updates, it’s hard to imagine what Elektron could come up with next. I’m excited for what’s next!

What is your take on this?

The DT can’t be considered as a modern take on the MD, because the synthesis is lacking unfortunately.
I don’t expect a return of the silver boxes, I rather think there will be an Analog four mk2 with the new digitakt hardware.[quote=“whikidazz, post:89, topic:41359”]
My opinion, the machinedrum and monomachine were the cream of Elektron
[/quote]
Many people think so, and I still want to get my hands down on both, cause I never owned them. Once again I’m between an A4 and a MnM. The price is too tempting. Where is the AR price drop to make things even more complicated :smiley:

You are right about the missing synthesis, maybe Elektron will bring a new box with it. I traded my MnM for the A4 and miss the MnM. I like the A4 but I gelled with the MnM better. If someone offered a trade for one I wouldn’t hesitate. Then again, I enjoy the sequencing capabilities of the A4. I can understand your dilemma of which one to chose. The MnM is getting harder to find these days.

I love Elektron. I love my OT, MD, MM, and A4 (it’s growing on me). I love he form factor, the functionality, the creativity, and the quickness that it brings to my studio. At the moment, I’m not super thrilled with the MKII stuff (OT gives me no reason to update, the A4 and Rytm design is ugly for me), but I can see how this could help them grow even bigger.

But at the end of the day, I just want a MonoMachineDrumTrack. I want 12 OT sampling channels, then 16 more tracks of MD/MM machines. Add to that the MKI form factor, some individual outs, and the newest in Elektron sequencing, and I’d gladly drop $2500 in a heart beat. I love my gear, but I hate only being able to easily travel with 1 piece. I’m going away next week and I’m struggling to decide which unit to bring with me for the plane and such. If I could just have all of them at once, I’d be thrilled.

Seriously, Elektron. Just go balls out. People would go apeshit.

2 Likes

Where is my MonoMachine MK3 and MachineDrum MK3?

5 Likes

The new mk II analogs leave a gaping hole in the new trinity to come… Something is inbound that performs at least some of OTs duties… I’m hoping it’s the MIDI seq / mixer box we’ve been waiting for

1 Like

still hoping for a new digital synth with the same formfactor as digitakt!

5 Likes

I’d bet on a mono wavetable / digital osc with analogue filter (s) with builth in analog overdrive (limited functionality to whet you appitite for AH). Nothing poly (at leat for a year) coz that would clash with A4 MKII.

Well, a big ol’ digital polyphonic would be nice. And, completely new to the product range (now that the silver gear is discontinued).

Dammit, yes, go back to basics, Elektron: we want some digital love and crispyness. Monomachine MKIII.

Would be such a shame to have a proper synth (i.e Monomachine-like or A4) with the Heat/DT form factor. For a drum machine, it works quite well, but for a synth, we might need a luxurious interface.

Yeah, I hope more synthesizers with the new form factor.

1 Like

The form factor on the new MkIIs seems an interesting choice. The size increase is not really needed for the AR and A4… but would be a nice size for a performance mixer or some sort.

1 Like

New Monomachine with the ability to create and edit Waveforms from in the machine would be rad. Better visuals of whats going on with each waveform as well.

2 Likes