What's next for Elektron?

i think there will be a digi synth… same box, other screen colour, cv out…

and I hope for an fx box / 4 channel stereo sampler/ looper with space for very long samples…
off course with an x fader to controll it (or a joystick… but I think the x fader is unbeatable)

1 Like

Dear Elektron, please develop an 8 channel p-lockable mixer with beefy DSP for eq/comp/fx on every channel. I’ll buy 2 of em :smiley:

this is by far my most used feature of the OT that I wish was explored further in a future machine.

5 Likes

Yes, and allow us to connect the Elektron boxes via USB Overbridge to the mixer (like Rolands MX-1). Just one cable for each box for all channels <3

the Digitakt was just released, everyone slowly came to grips with it (some are still not ready) and you guys already ask for something new???

c’mon - are we really that heavily infected by the GAS; always craving for something new the moment we just got something new? this reminds me of the old “cracked” VSTi times where one couldnt download enough of them - and still wasnt satisfied with his/her setup …

calm down guys!!! enjoy the Digitakt (with all its Bugs - for as long as they are still there :smiley: ), wait for it’s OB release and do what the machines are made for: MUSIC !!!

2 Likes

can’t say the digitakt feels new to me, it’s refined and simplified yes but it doesn’t really quench my thirst for anything function and feature wise that was possible on a previous elektron machine.

no GAS for digitakt/heat here.

i’d say there’s a lot of us that have many elektrons and want something more focused than the OT for mixing multiple elektron boxes with added processing. No need for heavy cumbersome and space consuming analog mixers, just something that is built around the elektron UI with strengths in creating a nice mix in live situations with the ability to assign kits send program change etc to various mix/fx parameters

i do respect what they’ve done with these new boxes but i am eagerly waiting something more feature rich and multi purpose. The ability to easily reconfigure a machine to serve a totally different purpose in your studio was a huge selling point for me. of course the more affordable price and increased quality of components reflect the value of the new machines, but i would gladly pay double for something with a deeper and more varied feature set.

Give me something like Reaktor blocks in an Elektron big box, all sequencers, LFOs and envelopes freely assignable.

4 Likes

Paraphonic Analog in the form factor of DT/Heat.

I think its time Elektron jump on the modular tide and bring us a full system that works with Overbridge

well, we could use a new monomachine with OB

2 Likes

Yes Yes Yes:

I have stealthily brought this up 3 or 4 times so far in this thread.

They need to make something like the MX-1 now but with overhub ish inputs like someone else responded.

Many inputs, many effects on each, all plockable with a sequencer.

EVERYONE would buy it, even non Elektron users. just add some normal 1/4 inputs too. Maybe 4 stereo/8 mono plus the USBs.

2 Likes

If that’s what you’re looking for that’s pretty much all covered with the Moogerfoogers.

I had a dream that I went to Cymru Beats and Elektron had launched a ‘lite’ version of the RYTM in a Digitakt form factor.

Every single dream I’ve ever had has come true so… start saving folks!

1 Like

Go into modular :slightly_smiling_face:

Just give me the synth and sequencer from the Rytm in a Heat/DT form and I’ll not post again…

1 Like

I’m telling you, Paraphonic Analog to rival Waldorf Pulse2. Same price range.
DT Size.

2 Likes

Yes - the Roland MX-1 has showed that this is a ‘killer app’ type feature, IMO. It could be done a lot better and Elektron could definitely do it.

3 Likes

Or get a Dreadbox Erebus or Nyx :wink:

1 Like

There may never be an Octatrack 2.0, but will there be a Machinedrum 2.0? I say yes. :slight_smile:

or a sequenceable pair of stereo tube preamp filters, 4 tubes in all with an extra large fifth tube for the master mix.

I actually hope they slow the f down with the new products. Originally we thought Rytm would be lkie Machinedrum where its constantly being updated. And the promised features of OB are not even finished yet. We still have no good way to transfer samples into the RYTM (hopefully its coming very soon). Seems the more they do the less they put into existing products and they are spread out way too thin at this point. It is of course a business though so I get why they do this

12 Likes