What's next for Elektron?

Scene & Performance Modes…These are the real strengths of AR. The syntakt doesn’t even come close.
But the A4’s performance mode should be implementable.
That would be perfect.

3 Likes

You can make scenes on ST using the fx track, it’s not even a workaround, just a neat trick.

1 Like

Prophet x

Sure. If done properly would be amazing. But if there’s only half digitakt (only single shot) or half Syntakt (no analog block or M:C basically) would be bad.

The idea of 1 Digi to rule them all, the three boxes combined to 100% of their functionality is amazing, perhaps even possible.

1 Like

A no-analog syntakt (even a 6-track one) would be considerably more than an M:C.

1 Like

Syntakt - FM machines = ???

Digitakt + Syntakt analog machines = interesting…

Just discussing here, please don’t go:

Hence my “in many people’s eyes” (mine included) disclaimer

I know what you mean. Still, I think the idea is that people would like a device with sampling, digital synthesis, analog synthesis, midi sequencing and multi fx from Elektron. And Syntakt is already so close to being that, that it is worth bringing up that they’re already conceptually close to having this device.

2 Likes

Aye. I agree (not on integrating it into Syntakt) but on integrating things into one machine. One drum machine with sampling and one multitumbral synth with sampling would be perfect imo. But history suggests that Elektron would prefer to make money from multiple devices dedicated to one thing only. Want more options? Buy more boxes.

2 Likes

Im at this point with hardware where Im like … koala sampler … öh why do i need hardware?

2 Likes

I guess the people at Elektron are careful with such an option : The smaller an instrument gets, the least people expect to pay (see the OP-1/OP-1F discussions).

2 Likes

Stepping in to say that combining the Syntakt, Digitakt and Digitone or such into one box would ruin one of the best things about the Digitakt (or probably any of these, I only have the one): the simplicity. I still haven’t got my head around the new machines in the last update and anything else which’d have to be accessed through menus could get in the way with another “oh I could also do this…” step.

One box per function isn’t a bad thing. It was only when I got my MPC that I started using my Digitakt properly. Before I wanted it to do everything, and though it could, it’s not its strength.

The only hardware things I think would be nice if we’re keeping the same devices would be:

Battery
A little MPE strip for performance
External effects sends

Only other thing I like the idea of is an overbridge mixer / pattern sync machine. But that’s too niche to elektron so the only way it’d work well would be as a box that takes multiple audio over usb devices. Which I would love.

Every other request I have for the Digitkat (such as internal midi routing for things like polyphony without an external midi thing, tempo lfos, a free unquantised midi track mode) could be fixed in firmware.

My favourite “what’s next for Elektron” would be more of what they keep doing: firmware updates on the existing machines and new boxes that sit perfectly alongside them.

11 Likes

There’s so much low-hanging fruit that they could use to improve the digitakt as a sample playback/manipulator machine and midi sequencer. I’d prefer they do some of those obvious things before overlapping with other boxes. I could see it being easy enough to steal some digital instruments from the syntakt, but it would end up very cluttered in my opinion.

Wasn’t it something along the lines that the digi-format has run its course and the ST was the last product with those dimensions?

Put everythang in that mf and let god sort out the users:grin:

4 Likes

I’m paraphrasing from a comment about what Cuckoo said, but essentially it was that he would stop making DT and OT tutorials because they will soon be superseded (by some new box/paradigm)

3 Likes

This is where it was mentioned in this thread back in 2023:

5 Likes

Whatever it is, I hope @cuckoomusic has one by now and is beta testing/making some groovy cuckoo tunes.

4 Likes

Not really following his channel for a longer time, but isn’t he done with tutorials for those for lots of years? He usually releases these while the device is fairly new and then there’s no follow up if I remember correctly. And in general, if the best we can get is a comment of someone hearing cuckoo say something, we basically have nothing.

1 Like

We got next to nothing for the majority of this thread. But that comment was juicy, but of course it could be fake. Same with Thomannbot. Still, I think it’s interesting and no smoke without fire etc

2 Likes