What's next for Elektron?

Really, where have they hinted at that?

That would be sick. I love the fader on the OT. Higher resolution via CV would be awesome

1 Like

can’t find the clip right now on youtube but I remember a head of elektron saying that they will release this year more products, than we can imagine… if I remember correct the clip was shot at digitakt presentation @ namm. curious to find it again and listen to the big announcement. :open_mouth:

Elektron staff have said ‘bug fixes only now’ :wink:

1 Like

Really hope that it doesn’t turn out to be just more DT style boxes. 6 voice Rytm without samples. One voice A4. OT without sampling (just fx + fader) etc. Those things would be OK and useful in their own way but hopefully some deeper big boxes with a bunch of ‘new’ stuff inside that each expand on or branch out from the dark trinity boxes rather than simplify/narrow their focus in to more affordable chunks…

That would be something.
I remember I opted this earlier in this topic.
Modular… (no midi or USB troubles)

1 Like

The obvious next machine, I think, would be a multi track synthesiser in the new form factor. Like… a “Monomachine 2”. Of course it will be called something else… like… “Dataline” or something :wink: … A new digital polyphonic groove synth with really cool synth engines. Since it’d be digital, the synth engines could be wildly different, and not share any common architecture.

16 Likes

I think they’ve left enough enthusiastic hints/comments to feel comfortable that the AH/DT format is their choic going forward. My gut feel is they’re done with the big boxes for a while but one can dream of that OT2. There are a few features that I’d miss badly if I ever switched back to an OT from DT - an improved OT with those features built in, a DT XL so to speak, wouldn’t be a canabalising move in my opinion. It’d be like synth manufacturers releasing 8 or 16 voice versions.

Anyway, have said it before but the next non FX box will surely be an 8 voice synth in DT’s format. Like Cuckoo says, essentially a MnM 2. I’d jump on that in a heartbeat!

I wouldn’t be surprised if there were an announcement for such a box when people have returned from their summer vacations. DT seems to attract quite a few newcomers to the Elektron universe. It would be foolish not to offer them companion devices with similar UI/price point, eventually constituting something similar to the black trinity and appealing to people’s “collect 'em all” desires. I just hope they manage to grow their dev team to reduce the time between updates for their existing machines.

When asked about the new format/price Simon said they still have ‘big’ projects on the boil too :wink: so they’re definitly coming, I was just saying it would be great if one/some were amongst the releases mentioned for this year, not only these cheaper/less functions boxes :wink:

3 Likes

This would be pretty sweet. Especially with a battery :slight_smile: Wonder if they can make things even smaller/lighter than DT? Like the height of an Op1/Beatstep pro? Portable 8 voice digital synth with Elektron sequencer would be amazing.

Guessing they need the extra space/weight for components etc tho and also like to keep controls at the same height level with their other boxes.

Forgot about Simons comment! I’m now pining badly for an DT XL/OT2…

1 Like

yea if I were a betting person, would bet on this.
same internals as DT - different sound engine and adapted UI.

big savings on R&D, quicker development cycle… would corroborate the statements that there will be devices raining down upon us this year… and would also help explain why HQ is incredibly busy rn…

2 Likes

Yup , similar to novation doing monocircuit , grab most functions from mature machine and update sound engine and ui

4 x monosynths.
4 note poly synth
Changeable synth engines
Or
Plockable fx box , 4 independent fx types that can be configured in serial / parallel etc
4 track sequencer for each fx
Over-bridge

Needs DT to be mature though , all is not bad as I think heat has shipped without a lot of issues.

this.
hopefully, something that is also useful for rhythmic sounds - kind of like a machinedrum/monomachine hybrid, in the new form factor. I would be really into something like this.

1 Like

I love this post and agree with all of it!

AMEN Brother!

Yeah, the infrastructure is there to make a nice synth. Lots of possibilities. I’d be alright if they dropped the external midi sequencing and just load it up with FX and sound design options. Perhaps fun ways to route/effect external audio.

I’d love to see something like the monomachine. It has so many options in the ways you can arrange the machines inside. Its like having a mini modular setup in a box.

Digimachine! Just like monomachine but with DigiX features!