What's next for Elektron?

Who predicted the Analog Heat, a year before it was released?

Once Heat was out, who predicted a Digitakt-esque product would be next?

I am surprised each time. Anything could be next. Sky is the limit.

2 Likes

The evolver has digital oscillators with weird waveforms but no way to scan through them. It’s not quite a wavetable…

1 Like

Weren’t you one of the first to predict something like the Heat coming out?

That makes you a profit of sorts!

Tell us oh wise one! What is on the horizon?

Just to add up to this whole discussion: there is a pretty interesting thread on gearslutz right now on defining all the variants to “wavetable synthesis” which is quite a wide term for varous approaches: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-electronic-music-production/1157742-summarizing-different-wavetable-synth-methods.html

Obviously, single cycle waveforms on AR/OT/DT are unidimensional in their scanning possibilities and are more akin to granular synthesis.

1. New mono machine with OB
  2. Octatrack 2 with OB
  3. A version of the analog heat that could function as a more comprehensive effects processor. Think UA apollo replacement without all the overpriced plug ins.
  4. A stand alone Elektron hub performance mixer with effects
2 Likes

Octatrack 2 with OB

2 Likes

An update for OB to send all parts and controls in and out…

I.e send/return sample and synth individually.

Send or receive modulation to or from external sources.

Etc…

Elektron are struggling with the simple form factor of DT.
Probably best to keep it as simple as possible from here on.
But hey if we are dreaming, a knobby FM / Wavetable synth would be nice.

5 Likes

add polyphonic sample playback and state of the art timestretching

A new, interesting digital synth that isn’t necessarily a monomachine mk3, but perhaps amalgamating some elements of each synthesis machine and adding a few extra tricks. Same form factor and track/midi channel configuration as digitakt.

1 Like

16 voice polyphonic micromonsta style digital synth with analog filters and Elektron sequencer in DT sized package.

1 Like

…i like lights.

http://elektron.com/index.html

1 Like

OT2. 8 separate outputs (not relying only on OB for this). Tons of new fx (Sp404 style + tape sim). Polyphonic tracks (+ more overall voices when using tracks polyphonically). DT loop points automation etc. AK performance macros mode. Killer pitch and timestrech algos. Arpeggios on sampler tracks. Cross project naming +saving+loading of tracks(sounds DT style)/scenes/banks/kits/custom Lfos etc. Improved pickup machines workflow. Multiple filter options. Equivalent of Op1 ‘Endless’ (fast custom arp) sequencer option. Increased to 128steps max sequence. Fast Multipsampled instrument options/functionality. Sample layers. Trig conditions. Legit polyphonic midi sequencing. Record note off in sequencer. Transient detection/threshold slicing options. Etc…

C’mon Elektron, time to get serious again :wink:

5 Likes

Id buy that

I’d suggest sorting out the DT before anything else.
After that I guess OT2. Al

I’d suggest sorting the OT first

2 Likes

I hope they will get back with their two feet on the ground.
Making a mature product instead of buggy toys.
Maybe then I will be a customer again.
Confidence already wasn’t very high but now it’s completely gone.

1 Like

Yeah the ‘hinted at’ OT bug fixes have been overlooked for a long time now.

2 Likes

Nah, they are going to take what they know about sequencing and P locks and jump on the modular bandwagon releasing sequencing powerbox with 16 total CV & gate Is/Outs… 128 length patterns

Modular making a huuuge comeback.
Id buy that in a nanosecond…

1 Like

They should have something like this as a break out box/optional add on for OT2 :wink: I know they said scene fader stuff is too much info for midi, would it be feasible/useful for CV/gate stuff?