What's next for Elektron?

Guys I think that’s it…

Elektron Cloud-Based AI-Enhanced Digital Audio Workstation Digital Signal Processing Platform VST Octasoft with Advanced Features and Competitive Multi-Tier Month-by-Month Pricing

1 Like

Hell

1 Like

I’m not sure Elektron has had enough suggestions and feature requests yet to know what to do so I don’t think there will be a new product.

4 Likes

now, to what really matters… the price of the new Digitakt:

1. USD 800~900 (as the old, out of fashion OG Digitakt, makes your Digitakt music sound bad after reading this thread, very unlikely)

2. USD 950~1050 (same Syntakt league)

3. USD <1,550 (Approaching Octaprices, but showing respect for the Queen)

4 USD >1,550 (shut up and take my money, this makes irrelevant all previous samplers from Elektron)

3 Likes

Elektron aren’t at superbooth this year so I guess it’ll be a loooong time before we hear anything

1 Like

Also can confirm I contacted thomann and they said

“We will not be receiving new stock of Elektron digitakt”

I asked if it was permanent or temporary/just for forseeable future.

"
This is a permanent thing as the Elektron Digitakt is End of Life, at least for our product range.
"

5 Likes

New unnamed Elektron Digi confirmed. Surprisingly, they seem to be going for the grey of early A4/AR MK II units again. However, it has a blue screen and a whole grain engine.

5 Likes

That’s the +Drive memory chip. Toshiba I guess.

1 Like

Granular synthesis with a warming circuit!

1 Like

Ok now I want a Digitakt

2 Likes

Yup, just checked that, and I also think there will be quite some time until any news.

Your posts make me think it will be more of a superficial upgrade with the new screen, more storage, more trig memory (I hope) and not much else. I’d be fine with that honestly.

2 Likes

That’d be awesome, 2.5 decades of good will wiped out overnight!

So I’ve just had a nap, and in my dream I opened this forum, and saw the main page featuring a new Digitakt - DDDD.

“Digitakt Deluxe Disco Duck” - this vibrant, duck-shaped sampler and synthesizer that quacks in tune and waddles in rhythm. Features a rubber-ducky-yellow chassis, webbed feet-shaped pads that light up in dazzling disco colors, and a bill that doubles as a pitch-bend/modulation lever.

It comes with “Quackification” machine, turning any sample into various styles of duck sounds, from classic quacks to disco ducks. It also comes with a “Pond Reverb” effect, offering the immersive echo of singing in the middle of a lake, and a “Feather Fuzz” distortion.

Plus, it has an improved sequencer called “DuckStep+”.

To top it off, each unit comes with a complimentary rubber duck, ensuring you have a bath-time buddy for those moments when inspiration strikes in the tub.

13 Likes

I don’t know, sounds kind of weird to me, but it would probably sell

5 Likes

No way. Digitakt 2 doesn’t have pond reverb. You’re being making elektron employees lifes very hard, they have it bad enough. I swear, people on speculation thread are speculating way too much, drawing conclusions about things they don’t know (would you believe that?) – even the dream world. nothing is off limits, they make everything less fun.

1 Like

duckatakt.

duckatakt

19 Likes

I can watch this all day! Ha!

3 Likes

What does that mean, Thomann ? Very ambiguous.

4 Likes

yes, I do not understand it either. Moreover I think all this communication (Elektron, Thomann) is a bit rude / arogant / unprofessional at this point, innit?