What's next for Elektron?

Gut feeling

2 Likes

but I must say…

a good performance fx tool… with a looper build in… will be more than welcome.

I love my Kaoss Pad 3, I use it several years now, and it is broken because I used it way too much
next to this, it is old and sound pretty bad.

So… if elektron creates something like this… I will be more than happy

4 Likes

I want the Monomachine in an AK form factor. But I want to be able to sample and utilize the synth modulation on those samples. I also want an additional formant filter, a Digitakt-level OLED interface, and maybe throw in granular:)

Aye, an elektron performance mixer with in built effects per channel would be the joint.

3 Likes

with usb inputs, to send in audio tracks from digital, or a4 separately… without the use of a computer…

but then I think first they will do a cheap and easy to use synth

The MachinedrumUW is far more versatile even while being limited in some key ways…

I see what your saying but at most its a replacement for the User Wave addition to the Machinedrum. The Machinedrum UW has quite a bit more to it then sampling…

LFO heaven,
many great synth machines,
Trig recording on 4 separate record machines,
EQ per track,
P lock-able- Master EQ and Compressor,
6 outs,

Being able to put the various machines on different tracks and with the LFOs, there is a lot of routing and ‘build-ability’ to it…

And it has Elvis, seen for the third time last night, I think it might have to do with maxing out P-locks…

The act of sampling does look more fun and fluid on the Digitakt, on the Machinedrum its more flexible in certain, but not in all ways of course.

Having said that, any ‘lite’ form of a Monomachine would be awesome…

1 Like

I wish an OT2. Mixer/sampler/sequencer at the same time with :
-16 audio tracks
-16 midi tracks
-16 Recorder tracks
-16 in
-16 out
-all new Elektron features from AR and A4
-better midi sequencer (with scene!!!)
-and ready for DJ (just because i hate pioneer^^)

Maybe i should stop to dream but, hey, it could be awesome and i would never need a PC again ^^

2 Likes

Whatever it is, I’m pretty sure we’re going to see 1-2 more Elektron products before 2018. They made some pretty big claims about the number of new products coming out this year.

2 Likes

Ain’t no one going to have the money for such a product!

My wish is simple: OT 2 with same improved workflow, hardware, screen, etc as DT. But please keep the crossfader (a joystick would be a lot less useful, as the crossfader allows for all the magic between parameter limits :wink: ) Make sure that pickup machines are bug free when working with parts, or have an entirely better structure :relaxed:, more RAM and SSD sample streaming.

Now, what’s actually next for Elektron? No idea, digital drum machine pedal?

2 Likes

I know, i wont have the money neither ! But… it would be awesome, isn’t it ? ^^
I’ll never understand why the OT has 8 recorder buffer but only 4 in -_-’

I think it was intended more for their other gear at the time? I don’t know. Couple of tracks for poly MNM. Or just get a mixer

MD in a mini box could crazy too ^^ and a lot of things too. But the only things i really NEED is one box to rules them all =D

2 Likes

OOOOH! A hybrid box of synthesis, percussion and sampling. That would be awesome. Sorta a jr version of their other units shoved into one inclusive box <3

2 Likes

What if their next box is digital but poly enable per track instead of a all or one like the MnM is?

1 Like

Hey you dream just twice more than i am ^^ : i just need to RULES them all, not replace them =D

Analog or digital i don"t care i juste NEED a crazy OT 2 !

Lol, i’m thinking about an analog OT now, with a magnetic band and no screen XD

2 Likes

I don’t know if they’re going to duplicate any of their old products just yet. The synth market seems saturated. I’m thinking they might come out with another sound processor next? OR maybe that mixer everybody is hoping they’ll make

1 Like

That’s called a tape machine :wink:

2 Likes

I’d appreciate a digital poly/multi-mono box; to have it be variable on the # of voices/tracks would be wonderous. It’d have to be 6+ voices, but being digital shouldn’t make that any kind of hurdle. However, I’m feeling we will see mkii versions of some of the flagship units. The Digitakt to me speaks to testing new hardware and workflow for updating the rest of the lineup.

1 Like

I doubt there will be an OT mkII, it would affect sales of the DT
I think the OT will become a classic and values will increase in the long run.
Look at their past products, they seem to bring out new ideas and don’t appear to update models like other companies.
I think they would view bringing out updated models as a boring option when there is soo much other territory to explore.

2 Likes