What's next for Elektron?

I have a feeling we’ll see a few more boxes in the “Elektron Lite” range like the Digitakt, where each will offer something to add to the bigger boxes, and together would make a “Trinity Lite”… After that I hope they drop something big.
To avoid the I wouldn’t expect another big box comments, I’ll add that just because there offering more simplified lower cost products right now has no bearing on if another ground breaking full featured device will be made in the future, which I suspect will happen eventually, that’s what got them here anyway, right?, why would they just stop?

yes i could imagine an Elektron box that of itself, makes no noise whatsoever.

a mixer. or should i say, a mixer - Elektron style.

with a one-press button for live performance mixing tricks and trills…
easy one or double-press button combos accessing different ways to produce continuity of a beat and riff while the box that made those sounds is busy loading a new pattern or something.

practical yet visionary cool things for the mixer/fx-sequencer … similar to the most recent probability factor implementation, or the ‘fill’ option on the Rytm… except for the mixer environment.

put two glass tubes on the A/B input stage as a preamp

ensure at least 4 or even 8 stereo inputs are available.

maybe add 3 more Midi Outs to potentially use the machine as the Master Transport and Clock in a multi machine environment… with the ability to send synchronised ‘play’ or ‘continue’ messages easily through the Midi Outs.

^ yeah! I’d buy an elektron mixer for sure. Perhaps it could be a mixer/sequencer combo, so you could run your sequenced gear into the machine and have it come out as individual channels in a DAW… it’s a dream…

1 Like

Perhaps a little specialized box for longer samples? Further splitting up the magnificence of the OT?

The Heat can act as the master filter/eq/distortion. The DT acts as the beat box functionality/midi sequencing/live-looping! Surely a box specialized in mangling longer samples will be next <3 <3 <3

I wanna see Elektrons take on a Roland V-synth/op-1/sp404 combo… With keys + 16 pads…

I hope not to be honest. I want to see elektron return to creating complete - and, yes, complex - instruments with the same level of depth and versatility as the octatrack and rytm. Or, better yet, fix bugs and incorporate requested features for those. I’m hoping that their “volca line” will generate enough revenue from a new market of customers to enable the company to keep developing ambitious products rather than continue to churn out their equivalent of the Volca Kick and Waldorf Rocket.

2 Likes

I want either, an OT2 or something new and mind-blowing from Elektron in whichever format they choose to do. At this point I can’t fathom where they can go, I think their 5 groove boxes covers a majority of ground. So, wherever they go from here will be interesting. Small form Elektron style FM would be really really cool. Small form granular would be cool. And there’s a lot that could still be done with sampling from Elektron

What I really want is the sound quality of ARs sampling engine, turned stereo and resculpted for the beast that is the OT with modern updates.

Warm OT. Yes please

Don’t forget, NAMM 17 yielded a promise of “more machines this year than you can ever imagine”…

2 Likes

I can imagine A LOT of machines.

BTW, there go my dreams of someday completing my Elektron collection

All right. I’ll imagine ten. It’s March now. Nine months till '18. Go.

2 Likes

By the way, I think they’ll release the synth companion to the DigiTakt on the same day.

:open_mouth:
OH MAN! YOU’RE PROBABLY RIGHT!!!

like monomachine v2 junior?

Yep.

They’re being very coy about the whole thing. Usually, so close to release, you know your product. Just look at how Akai blabbers on about the Live, months before.

It’s not just caution. Something’s up, and we won’t know until launch day what it is.

1 Like

Elektron, redefining the notion of teasers. It’s like. Meta-teaser. They show a release to distract from the tease they’re teasing(but not really).

Also, that would really make their whole DT tease make more sense. Those first two days had nothing to do with the actual product

1 Like

EITHER THAT OR THE DT HAS GRANULAR CAPABILITIES? i

Edit:
It live samples, those sounds in the teaser weren’t synth waves. Presumably all the sounds came from the DT(unless they’re second box is a different kinda sampler…)

1 Like

They really were the cutest teaser videos, though(I especially love the nineties sci-fi rendition of their logo couple with their celebration of “3 hours to go”!

THREE

ONE. TWO. THREE.

Edit: those tones were probably just a riff played in reverse. Yeah, something’s up. Simon said “more details coming in April”, he didn’t specify those details would be concerning the DT

1 Like

It’s the Lord of the Rings play.

When everybody’s attention is at all the noise over at Minas Tirith, the hobbits just slip by and throw the ring in the fire, and Sauron goes “Whoa.”

We’re all looking at the DigiTakt, talking about the DigiTakt, wanting the DigiTakt, not even considering this launch could be much bigger than the DigiTakt.

1 Like

Wishful thinking.

1 Like