What's next for Elektron?

Maybe elektron comes with a pad upgrade for the AR next? I would appreciate that!

2 Likes

+pads

1 Like

I always thought it would be cool to see Elektron put out something similar to the A4 but with a focus on a more “West Coast” synthesis style: Lowpass gates, additive synthesis with complex primary + modulation oscillators and timbre controls, tweakable sources of uncertainty, etc…

I also dream of an OT MKII quite often. One can dream. :innocent:

2 Likes

i think akai apc live is gamechanger and hopefully price changer for the next upcoming products…

Yeah mpc live is looking kinda like a sampler equivalent of deepmind 12 in terms of potentially a new standard for functions/spec/price. Have to see what the build/software quality is like (on both units) first tho… If they’re up to scratch it’ll be interesting to see if prices come down in general and companies stop crippling hardware/are more generous with spec/functions etc. Tech has been getting cheaper and cheaper so it seemed only a matter of time before that translated in to hardware prices, was just a case of which companies would adjust their prices first…like akai could have charged £1000+ for the mpc, around OT + Toraiz prices, that’s been the staple price for something like this for years now, and in relation it would have looked fair. Nice that they haven’t. But we’ll see about quality first I guess…

Definitely going to shake things up if it’s on point. I mean look at Op1 for instance. I love mine but the Live really does make it look like a calculator watch in comparison of power/connectivity/storage/functions. And its not like Op1 is made of amazing quality parts. Tons of people have issues with it. Surely that’s going to have to drop to like £450 pretty soon if it’s going to remain competitive? Guess we’ll see how it all plays out…

Would love to see the SID chip in a current trinity casing so it could be p-locked like a tracker like DEFmon (http://toolsforscholars.com/defmon/doku.php?id=start). combined with both the SID filter and analog filters + FXs would be a killer.

Dataline was messing around with a C64 recently through Heat

And Elektron posted a bunch of SID chips recently as well

2 Likes

DEFMON rules

1 Like

It certainly does.

… And that’s also why all the SID chips are staying in C64s, and not our future products. The few NOS chips we have left we’re keeping around for any broken SIDstations that might come our way. :okej:

10 Likes

Damn! Didn’t see that not coming!

So much for a boring Namm…

1 Like

Glad to hear it Simon.
The mystery continues :slight_smile:

This video (my favorite) interest me into Elektron and was one of the main reason I’m a member of the family. Happy Suday my Elektron family :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Let’s hope the new DigiTakt will be the start of a new big sampling machine aka OT2

4 Likes

I am obligated to “like” any comment regarding an OT2

2 Likes

I’d like to see Elektron come out with a digital counterpart to the Analog Heat… called something like DIGITAL COLD

featuring:
8 x Stereo harsh digital clipping modes (including whatever technique is used in Jeskola Buzz to give that lovely clipped sound)
1 x Stereo FFT filter with freeze mode
1 x FFT emulation of “joint stereo” MP3 bitrates from 12–160kbps
1 x Sequenceable multimode artifact generator (corrupt MP3, scratched CD and several other annoying jitter errors)
1 x Assignable LFO (digitally aliased)

I’m only half joking, I would love to see an effects unit with more unnatural sounding digital distortion…

2 Likes

I would like to see…

DIGITAPE
4 track (stereo) / 8 track (mono) recorder
INPUTS: 4 instrument inputs (of which 2 mic pre’s) + 2 stereo inputs (synth/drumcomputer etc)
OUTPUTS: 2X Stereo
Midi: IN/OUT
Various effects: Delay/Reverb/Granulizer/Bitcrusher
Sequencer: Various play modes per track; reverse/loop/ etc + change play mode per step
8 track midi sequencer (same as RYTM/A4/DIGITAKT)
Sequencer: Various play modes per track reverse/loop etc + change play mode per step

• OB enabled
    Focus on live recording, realtime control/jamming
    Recording jamsessions, take them back to the studio, rework/finalize your recordings via OB in your DAW.
5 Likes

I’m hoping for a digifour. A monomachine remake but in the layout of the Analog Four. Send effects, sound saving and soundbank(granted for that engine)

Priced similarly to digitakt. I would buy this in a heart beat solely for the making drum patches from the FM machines. After a couple months using it as a mono-player while I play poly on the MnM

1 Like

Look into sonic charge permut8!

I’d love to see an Octatrack with 16 tracks (so a Hektakaidekatrack) and Eventide quality reverb/delay effects build in as well as an analog filter and distortion. As if this wasn’t already enough the box would have 3 digital oscillators with posibilities of user wavetables and granular synthesis. Everyhing dynamically routable and of course overbridge supported. And because everyone wants this box anyway in addition to all the other Elektron products, they would allow AR and A4 users to cc/note midi out.

If this was true, I’d just be hoping for a release in late autumn, since it can get quite hot when being in an appartment the whole summer not needing any sun light to be happy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Unfortunately there is a bigger chance that Trump would come to senses, I’m afraid. But everyone would love that.

1 Like