What's next for Elektron?

Request to Elektron team to include more colours to LEDs so as to improve visual when operating Elektron machines.

2 Likes

Daisuk

A new Machine drum,
with some of the Octatrack’s feature, examples that was already listed in previous posts,
USB,
Built in Card,
Performance fader,
Pad to accommodate two fingers,
The ability to dump tracks to Pro Tools or any DAW, without using cables,

plus!! Rusty’s Sample Management idea but for the MD?

Elektronaut Shoroc
Thank you.

1 Like

mono mk3 with analog filters and new os

:heart: 8 track mixer switchable to 4 stereo ins to accommodate all 4 machines.
Each channel has 4 band parametric EQ with variable Q, HPF, LPF, & Dynamics with side chain & FX engine.
8 track sequencer allows p locks of the above with slide function.
Main outputs feature multiband compressor, FX engine & 4 band EQ.
2 Aux sends to feed back to the OT.
Cross fader, all channels assignable A/B

Erm…pretty please :slight_smile:

2 Likes

[color=black]Most of the ideas people are coming up with here are like cooking soup on old bones, I want to see other new methods of sound synthesis combined with the sequencer and p-lock!
[color=black]· [color=black]I want to get inspired!
[color=black]· [color=black]I want to work with something new and innovative!
[color=black]· [color=black]I want to hear what is unheard until now!
[color=black]· [color=black]I want to hear the sound of the future! (Not the past!)

1 Like

Seriously, that sounds very exciting, though I doubt that any company, even Elektron has the balls to do a midi only sequencer these days. Also the Midi-Bus is very limited when it comes to CCs and bandwidth. It would need to have at least 5 dedicated midi-out ports for this massive amount of controller data going out to other gear.

It could be done or complemented with CV-outs like the A4 does, but then again it’s a speciality of the A4. I rather see this as an add on for the existing machines.

Ping-pong, random modes and stuff like skip-trigs or more classical Q960 style sequencing also isn’t very much in the style of what we see now in the elektron sequencers. I’d really love to see a modern “old-school” sequencer that does everything right but a lot is in the details and for certain features to work out one would probably write the sequencer code right from scratch.
One thing I’d love to see in a single sequencer is the possibility to split rhythmical structures from the actual note-sequence, something you can do with analog sequencers like the moon-modulars.

Or how the good old TR909 with a SH-101 trick works: the 909 clocks the sequencer of the SH-101 with e.g. the rimshot trigger out. This way of sequencing (also done with Junos and 808s etc…) is the very core of any true acid setup and also would match the current rediscovery and nostalgia on early kraut electronics etc…

At least I would go crazy if any elektron machine were capable to do this. :wink:

I still think it will be an analog drum machine - the evolution of the MD, along the lines of what the A4 was to the MnM. “Elvis has left the building”!

OT OS 1.3 :

• Freely assignable encoders: a machine called CTRL 6 (à la CTRL 8 machine in MachineDrum)

• Repitch timestretch algorithm (no artifacts, just pitching in sync to tempo, like a turntable)

• Triggering static slots by external MIDI input (i don’t care if it’s notes or CC)

• a visual position marker for long samples that are currently being played

1 Like

Dude, just buy a Dave Smith Tempest…:wink:

Dude, just buy a Dave Smith Tempest…;)[/quote]
Nah, if anything, I’ll take a dance with the bear. By the way, scratch the “Elvis has left the building” clue…that was just something Elektron put where the date usually goes on their site on the date that Elvis died. (thanks to Void at E-U forum)

[quote="“snowcrash”"]

Seriously, that sounds very exciting, though I doubt that any company, even Elektron has the balls to do a midi only sequencer these days. Also the Midi-Bus is very limited when it comes to CCs and bandwidth. It would need to have at least 5 dedicated midi-out ports for this massive amount of controller data going out to other gear.

It could be done or complemented with CV-outs like the A4 does, but then again it’s a speciality of the A4. I rather see this as an add on for the existing machines.

Ping-pong, random modes and stuff like skip-trigs or more classical Q960 style sequencing also isn’t very much in the style of what we see now in the elektron sequencers. I’d really love to see a modern “old-school” sequencer that does everything right but a lot is in the details and for certain features to work out one would probably write the sequencer code right from scratch.
One thing I’d love to see in a single sequencer is the possibility to split rhythmical structures from the actual note-sequence, something you can do with analog sequencers like the moon-modulars.

Or how the good old TR909 with a SH-101 trick works: the 909 clocks the sequencer of the SH-101 with e.g. the rimshot trigger out. This way of sequencing (also done with Junos and 808s etc…) is the very core of any true acid setup and also would match the current rediscovery and nostalgia on early kraut electronics etc…

At least I would go crazy if any elektron machine were capable to do this. ;)[/quote]
+1
I have a Quasimidi Polymorph that although awesome, they went bankrupt before implementing parameter and mod control when sequencing external gear and as it stands the PM has to have Local Off and it only sends note on/off and note length to other synths. Same guy now has Radikal Teknologies and had the Spektralis sequencer with analog filters, a true beast but a bit buggy.
People still buy and wait for shy of a year for a Cirklon Sequencer and I really think Elektron would reallyshine in making a hardware sequencer with all the above features, even taking a look at the Polymorph and Spektralis as sort of taking that into the future and done right, without bugs.
On the other hand, a Monomachine III that has Octatrack Sequencer, diferent time signatures, track lengths, all the features listed above in track direction, analog filters and say 8 external midi tracks with 8 voice poly each, and would need to have multiple midi in/outs or create a new TM-1 that works like a midi merge on steroids!

This! :heart:

Lol TM-2 would emotionally break some people. :astonished:

Lol TM-2 would emotionally break some people. :astonished: [/quote]
Haha, yeah, can you picture the promo flick with Hector running from a bunch of natives in the jungle, skipping past snakes and crocodiles over rivers with piranhas, guarding something in his coat, battling it out fist to fist with a gorilla, saving “Jane” and escaping in a helicopter hanging from a ladder, only to have a villain guy cut the rope of the ladder over a volcano, making him drop, before he pulls out the secret in his coat … A TM-2, which freezes the volcano and gives him ice-hockey skates with mini jet-packs and built in homing missile rockets, he slides across the frozen volcano, aims at the helicopter, bullseye - and finally, he sits resting with Jane and the TM-2 atop an aztec pyramid zipping Pina coladas made by the TM-2.
Would be a bit of a letdown. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

What I’d LOVE to see is…

A sequencer that marries the pattern/track-based method with a proper track/piano roll visual editor. Think *machine meets Fantom sequencer.

Add to that a mix of sample based and VA/analog synthesis and a greater number of tracks (say, 16?), large sample memory, some of the capabilities of the octa thrown in…

Hey I can dream, no?

I stick to my suggestion. An Elektronaut-Robot!

well what ide like to see on any future products is that elektron make the interfaces more tactile because as a totally blind user the a4 interface is some times difficult to navigate

3 Likes

MachineDrum MKIII has to be next! Maybe 16 tracks of analog and digital drum synthesis combined?

1 Like

Build the neuron il buy it! But here is an awesome idea… Build an innerclock style clock system inside of it that allows you to integrate a computer/ableton/software without lag :slight_smile:

Yes as long as the digital allowed 24bit stereo user samples to be loaded then I would be all over this idea. Also MPC style pressure sensitive drum pads instead of trig buttons for expressive playing.