What's next for Elektron?

an analog (not overbridge enabled) docking station and rechargeable powered case to reduce cable clutter while providing power and connectivity between multiple elektron machines on the go. for instance, octatrack and digitone. and you could just open the case, detach the “lid”, power on the machines, plug in headphones and jam.

Polyphonic Sampler for me please with 32 voices, 16 parts multitembrality, advanced loop points and ability to modulate loop zones, 4 layers / samples per sound.

8 Likes

I very much hope that elektron will soon release a wavetable synthesizer, which is of course overbridge capable and fits in with the design of classic electronic devices.

6 Likes

And also has either a new super flexible buttery/fizzy analog filter or a battery of new digital models.

Basically i just want everyone to give me a Prophet VS.

I don’t know if someone already said this (I’m sure this has crossed a few minds here), but I’d like a Digi box with multiple digital machines that can be loaded into each track, like the MD and the MnM. That would be dreamy.

6 Likes

I was thinking about this last night. I want a 3rd Digi box that covers subtractive synthesis. Yeah yeah, I know, it sounds like it could be boring, but hear me out. Take the Digitone, replace the sound engine with your bread and butter waves (sin, square, saw, triangle), throw in some noise, a sub oscillator, some wavetables, throw in the new filter setup from the Digitakt, and add 3 LFOs and 3 assignable envelopes. Make it 4 tracks, 16 voices plus a sub oscillator and noise generator, and you have a fantastic compliment to the Digitakt and Digitone. Seriously, that would make (for me) the best dark trinity.

16 Likes

I believe a new OS update for the Digitone will come soon to be on par with the DT (brightness control, Dual Mono Inputs …). I’m surprised that it didn’t come out sooner but I suspect new interesting features are causing the wait. A MIDI Arp with Scales for the DN?

8 Likes

Since Modor DR-2, LXR 2,…

Cmon gimme Machinedrum style thingy. Make it Digitone/Takt size and name it Digidrum.
But anyway, I’ll eventually (in about 2-3 weeks?) sequence my future lxr with octatrack.
Perhaps, perhaps. :crazy_face:

8 Likes

I would kill for that haha

2 Likes

sounds like a ~rytm/~octatrack + OB dream machine

I’m sure it’s been said before (possibly even by me!) but a digi form factor groove box would be cool. 8 tracks allowing you to select machines like sample tracks from Digitakt, FM tracks from Digitone (with poly), perhaps some wavetable/subtractive/analog modelling synthesis machines?
Essentially a customizable mini 8 track “DAW”, all the #dawless people will get confused I’m sure :slight_smile:

4 Likes

With a tuner ? :crossed_fingers:

MonoMachine and MachineDrum next generation? They are going for rocket prices in used market.

2 Likes

The Digitone already does Dual Mono Inputs, doesn’t it?

With the Digitakt, you have independent control over the Delay and Reverb Levels of each Input. With the Digitone, you have one set of controls for both Inputs.

3 Likes

One line at a time thats all we want.

3 Likes

USB Audio for OT

1 Like

Hardware not firmware limitations preclude :frowning:

1 Like

Yep. Same answer I got 6 years ago when I made the same comment about the OP-1. So, I’m just gonna leave this right here.

10 Likes

ok

so…it’s possible but not a priority :grimacing:
which is better if the end result is the same?