What's next for Elektron?

I don’t know what’s next but i have a “Brand New Device (but an original one) FUND” with 1,599.00 EUR RESERVED for the one who make something really amazing.

3 Likes

Another obvious one :wink:

Take the delay and reverb from A4/AR… recycle into stand alone boxes. Split the R&D cost, diversify product lines, target different markets (guitarists etc). Smart business really.

You know it all makes sense. :smile_cat:

1 Like

exactly…

develop an octatrack mk2
but create it in different ‘modular’ boxes.
mixer/ space/ delay, looper/ sampler, sequencer…

2 Likes

Noooo - then you have to buy them all!! :cry:

Although you may be right, I don’t like the idea of recycling at all.
Prefer to pay much more for an all in one box, than a series of simplified recycled ideas.
Hopefully Elektron can surprise us with some ‘new’ ideas

2 Likes

This would be a great idea if they ever went down the eurorack route. Nice and compact, pick and choose modules as you like. Interact with existing system.
Not so as separate standalone boxes though.

1 Like

There’s a million options out there for modular/volca/looper/fx etc style dedicated separate boxes already. What got me interested in Elektron to begin with was that all/most of their boxes could be fully self-contained production boxes if that’s how you wanted to use them. And then partnered with each other or other stuff things get even more insane, in a good way. Hoping that’s still where their main focus is and AH etc is just a kind of sideline…

5 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. Bring on the BIG BOX :grinning:
All I am suggesting is that if Elektron feel like they need to produce simpler standalone boxes for whatever reason, the eurorack format would be much more appealing to the general Elektron punter than a bunch of guitar pedals.
The euro scene has exploded over the last 10 years, massive now, all synth nerds anyway, not guitarists, so from a business standpoint seems smarter than trying to enter into a completely different market.

1 Like

That’s what meant earlier in this topic.
Euro is the way these days. :sunglasses:

i understand… but they will not do that.

It doesn’t help them to create a bigger customer base
During a presentation, Dataline said that they will not go that direction

1 Like

An Elektron sequencer in the Eurorack format ? Why not, after all the A4 must be rather close.
8 tracks x 64 steps dedicated to CV control with A4 trig conditions and plocks would sell, I guess.

But I’m not ready to jump this wagon yet.

Would rather go with a MIXR, the 24-tracks child of Qu-Pac and OT with lots of knobs on the face :smile:

3 Likes

Gotta buy them all, ELÉKTRON!

2 Likes

I agree with you but would add that there are already about 78 billion drive pedals out there but that hasn’t stopped them!
I really would be disappointed if Elektron just slice up their technologies into pedals and modules. But I expect this now going by the latest offerings.

Who knows?

2 Likes

As Elektron now ventures in studio / sound processing tools, i wonder if an “analog mixer” is not a logical step. Something like 4 stereo pairs, 2 aux send (one with the digital FX of the analog range ; one physical for outboard fx, like AH), the analog EQ of the AH on each chanel, etc., all overbridge enabled, whith the possibility to route DAW’s tracks on the analog channel for summing.

Not sure about the addition of a sequencer, but why not?

Of course, it wouldn’t be cheap (around 2K at least), but could establish itself as the brand’s flagship “sound processor”. And it would be a clever alternative to a mixer like the Model 1 from PlayDifferently.

From the guitar pedal to the studio mixer… it would make a great line of product!

I can’t even begin to comprehend how you use the A4 without sight. I’m impressed at that. If you don’t mind me asking, how do you know how far to turn the knobs & keep track of what page you are on in the various sub menu’s.

Have you tried out the older (now discontinued) Elektron boxes - Machinedrum and MonoMachine?

The silver faceplates have little grooves routed into them to separate the different sections. You could feel your way around the box using these

Soundwarrior also posts on Gearslutz, and I believe he has since gotten rid of the A4 because it was difficult to use without sight.

2 Likes

I wanted to post on the Deluge thread a while back, attempting to state that in the future the lack of screen shouldn’t be an issue as all surfaces will be braille.
I decided against posting but now it has come up.

Think about it, for realsy.

It’s a very emotional subject I think with much to discuss but I remember the OP-1 has Braille for the input/output section and I thought this had foresight (no pun).

I don’t think I’m making a point so much, just pointing out that if indeed an impairment of one sense leeds to an increase in another then surely audio devices should be more accessible to the sight challenged community.

I’m colour blind and have found problems on various units (not to mention discrimination in my personal life) but don’t let me detract from a very serious consideration that should be dealt with.
I hope my sincerity is appreciated here, I do not wish to offend or come across nonchalant.

5 Likes

Sounds interesting. A Mixer with Multiple channel OB support and several high quality effects built into it would round the line up - for sure. It would make recording individual tracks into the DAW a lot easier and you could use any Hardware Synth/Sampler/Drum Machine/Effect Unit with it - only requirement: a 6,3 Jack or XLR Jack on them :slight_smile: This complements my idea of a multi-effect box quite well. like the idea. is more “complete” and versatile!

so … +1 for this idea :thup:

I wouldn’t mind seeing a 12 input effects box with effects on each individual channel and Overbridge support. Sorta like an effects unit but not, sorta like a mixer, but not and sorta like an audio interface but not…

1 Like