What's next for Elektron?

You shouldn’t be afraid of buying an excellent piece of gear. No one knows what’s going next, and it won’t change the fact that even today the DT is a good sampler, that can do a lot of thing many samplers don’t.
But you shouldn’t buy anything based on the low price. Do you need a sampler?

5 Likes

Thanks.
Yeah I mean do I “need” a sampler?
The only HW piece that can do drums for me right now is M:C and I’m not in love with it.
I will probably cave and get the DT.

1 Like

I use my SP 404 Mk2 for drums and samples…so many ways to resample with so many effects. Would I like a more focused drum machine or DM with sampling, yes, but the SP is great used as a sound module.

I cant wait to see what they bring out next.

they are going to wait until our oxygen completely runs out and we are forced to take off our helmuts to tell us that we can breathe without them.

2 Likes

elektron could keep everything exactly as it is and only increase the resolution of everything to sample resolution and it would still be a game changer

It is a remarkable user friendly way, especially concerning the small screen and taking into account the DN is a relatively small device.

I find it very limiting though that parameters like velocity and note length are shared by all notes in each chord. So much nuances are simply not possible…

Yes, it should be simple to code :wink:

On topic: If they release something new which has polyphony, I hope it will be possible to record / edit individual notes when played in a chord.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s what i miss as well. The MC-101 actually supports different velocities and length for each note, but it’s a little clunky to dial in

Above all, the MC-101 lacks a shortcut to change the note length and/or velocity of all notes of a step simultaneously. The MC-707 has such a shortcut. For me, this is the MC-101’s sequencer biggest weakness. Beside the inability to set a tie when scale mode is not chromatic.

Meanwhile…

Funny fact : people are talking about DT MkII in the comments.

6 Likes

Man Superbooth is going to be wild for the Elektron staff

11 Likes

Is there somewhere a post of this whole Cuckoo gate thing? What happened exactly?

looks like he might’ve slipped up when talking about future videos. It’s all heresay at this point though as the stream was taken down & it’s been almost a year since, but it would make sense with the digitakt being discontinued

4 Likes

im-doing-my-part-v0-xlflq998p5db1

5 Likes

I’m seriously thinking about a general box that will store: patterns and samples.

Larger in storage capacity than an Octatrack.
As easy to use as a Digitakt.

A more technological version of the Blue Box.
Perhaps more reachable with technology
Algorithms.

1 Like

Am I dumb? I cannot find the Digitakt on Thomann. Also Sweetwater seems to have unlisted it.

Seemingly (unconfirmed) DT is discontinued. Elektron is most likely not announcing anything until Superbooth.

1 Like

I’ve followed the rumors, but I’m less familiar with Thomann. I didn’t realize they hide discontinued products, but it makes sense.

Not what I thought was next for Elektron.

I know I know, I’m acting like I’m 11. That said I was still in a pre coffee daze when scrolling through my feed this morning and when I saw three Elektron videos in a row I was for an instant very very awake. Oh well, maybe next week.

20 Likes

Made a fun little mockup of what I’d love to see in a Digitakt MKII:

• 32 voice polyphony to account for a potential of 16 stereo tracks.
  • Built-in rechargeable battery.
  • Choose a machine for any of the 16 tracks. MIDI output is just a machine! Possible synth-engine machines?
  • Choose from a variety of FX to apply to each track, in addition to reverb and delay.
  • No more locked-in track types. Everything is a machine choice.
  • Samples and sampling can be mono or stereo. Mix & match on the same track.

18 Likes