What's next for Elektron?

Model:Physical seems like an opportunity too good to miss.

i’ve brought this up before (probably in this thread now that i think about it)…

i’ll just say, get ready for the pitchforks

1 Like

This quote will begin a meme :stuck_out_tongue:

This let me think of something: If you send a basic oscillator generator into the Analog Heat, you have an (almost) elektron synth without sequencer

1 Like

Ah I just had this revelation last night; the next Elektron device will be an Analog Heat in 19" rack format! Please Elektron I will take two.

This is perhaps less about a new product and more a feature request for all existing elektron products, that I know people have brought up before but it bears repeating…

I want patterns that are longer than 4 bars without the use of conditional trigs. 8 bars, 16 bars! On entire existing product line if possible with a firmware update.

And to make that feasible, I’d also like the ability to loop only one particular bar in a pattern to really hone it. When you play an intsrument like guitar or piano, and you are learning a long piece of music, you don’t practice by starting at the top every time. You practice small portions that are difficult and then gradually try to string the whole thing together. It should be the same with sequencing: if I am working on a particularly complicated drum pattern, I want to be able to loop only a portion of a long pattern so I don’t have to sit there and wait for the entire pattern to complete every time. This is standard in all software sequencers and I wish Elektron would incorporate it into their great hardware.

3 Likes
1 Like

I really like your DigiGrain and DigiSID ideas. They would pair very well with the existing Digis.

3 Likes

Sounds like chains and songmode on the flagships is the answer you are looking for here. If not, what am I missing here?

1 Like

Interesting! I don’t own an AH myself, but I’m curious how this would work out!

I have the Digitakt and Digitone which lack kits, so to break long sequences into multiple patterns becomes a mixing/sound design nightmare if I want to make changes after creating multiple sequences. You’re technically right: I could loop individual bars by having one pattern per bar. With Kits on the flagship devices that would be more feasible.

If there’s some hardware limitation that prevents Elektron from making a change like this, then I understand.

Elektron is doing a survey and you can share this with them directly (and possibly win a Digitakt as well).

2 Likes

No. It’s simply a design decision. The arranger of the Octatrack can, for example, play parts of a pattern (starting with a specific step, play N steps).

1 Like

Well that makes me want to get an Octatrack. lol

Sounds like you want the RYTM and the A4 as well :wink:

Thanks - where’s the survey? Are you referring to the January Elektron Feedback Loop?

1 Like

Yes, he is referring to the Feedback Loop.

The normal way to request features is by sending a mail to:

feature-request@elektron.se

5 Likes

Yeah i am. They ask for features you are missing in their gear.

Plus as above, you can contact them directly.

1 Like

DIGI:GRAIN
UP FOR THAT 100%!

Actually I would love to see new Elektron sampler / audio file station, which allows to work with audio files freely, without limitations of Octatrack - do poly granular like GR-1 or Granulator M4L plugin, do microscopic sounds with quality timestretch / warp algorithms (at least like 7 Ableton’s warping modes, maybe something like Paul Stretch to do extreme things… ). All in small DIGI format would be awesome and instant buy for me.

But also:

DIGI:TABLE (wavetable synth with nasty sound, a la Serum plugin or Hydrasynth on steroids )

1 Like

Model : sequence. 6 channel elektron sequencer with 15 parameters per channel for live or param-locked control, 2 cv channels with 4 outs each. cheaper than the other models. (Why? Other models don’t output parameter locked midi). Competes with korg and other more overpriced hardware sequencers.

1 Like

I’d say a mixer in digi or model size with 2 ins, fader, fx, looper & midi sequencer could be.

Or another wild guess: the model line in black, because you know… that is something modern right now.