What's next for Elektron?

Never gonna happen, but I’d like to see elektrons take on an op-1 type of machine. There is still nothing out there that steps into the space the op-1 occupies, except maybe the op-z. Maybe the MC is as close as elektron will get to that when the battery handle will be released.

2 Likes

I wonder how the Coronavirus pandemic has affected Elektron’s R&D. Obviously Sweden took a rather… unconventional approach to handling the situation, but I can’t help but think that at least some plans for future releases have been affected

I want to see clock pulse out through the midi ports of DT and DN. Dinsync as I understand it is many times faster than a normal clock pulse, but has the voltage range to drive eurorack ish. They should just lower the frequency of this output so you can use a midi to ts or ts+ts cable to sync the DT or DN to eurorack equipment.

It isn’t “many” times faster. DIN24 uses 24 pulses per quarter note (exactly the same as MIDI). DIN48 is twice as fast.

1 Like

Oh, is that the same as a cv clock for eurorack? I thought the din pulse was faster than that?
Was thinking of using this to sync DT and dfam

1 Like

Hehe, sorry to disappoint but this is a personal project I’ve been working on. It’s a 4-voice binaural AM synth & sample player that I made with and for my partner (and meee!)

So far we’re doing good - business as usual. Not much has changed except for the frequency of video meetings. :slight_smile:
As for how this will affect future things, hard to say at this point.

29 Likes

Glad to hear it! Hope everyone is staying healthy :slight_smile:

Oh you tease.

1 Like

It depends. There are eurorack clocks providing 24 ppqn and 4 ppqn. So if you need 4 ppqn you need at least a clock divider (/6) to get what you want.

more informations about din sync

1 Like

I’m sure it’s been mentioned a few times, but it would be nice to see an Analog Eight (both desktop and keyboard version).

Right, so what I’m suggesting is for Elektron to have a clock divider built into the dinsync options!

1 Like

Anything as long as it has dedicated Filter and Resonance knobs.

2010/03 - Octatrack mk1
2012/11 - Analog 4
2013/11 - Analog keys
2014/01 - Analog rytm mk1
2015/08 - Overbridge 1.0
2016/09 - AnalogHeat
2016/11 - Analog drive
2017/01 - Digitakt
2017/06 - Octatrack, Analog 4 and Analog rytm mk2
2018/01 - Digitone
2018/07 - Analog Heat mk2
2019/01 - Model:samples
2019/05 - Digitone keys
2020/02 - Model Cycles
2020/04 - Overbridge v2

It seems like Elektron is following a one year pattern for releasing new machines. If so, we won’t hear someting new before end of 2020 or early 2021. I hope I am wrong because I would love to discover a new digi machine soon…

5 Likes

I just read an story about the octa mk2 are out of stock on elektron site. In hopes of a mk3 with some new designs. That would be very cool to see.

Interesting… Digitakt are out of stock too :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

New flagship octa+digi = sweetness :hugs:

Has Elektron being out of stock of something ever preceded anything interesting?

1 Like

What’s next for Elektron? Some really cool stuff, and an entire new generation of machines.

What more do you know? I know nothing.

When? Tuesday

10 Likes

Tuesday of 2025

Interesting list, but I don’t see a pattern… According to that they’ve released between zero and four machines per year :man_shrugging:

Not hard to imagine product development slowing for all kinds of reasons in the current situation

Edit: that was for @Jellyfish