What to put on a square 3 x3(feet) table for Electronic Music Production

Its a blank canvas. Have fun :slight_smile:

Two spoons and a collection of saucepans

2 Likes

3 what by 3 what?

metric?
or imperial nonsense?

that still gives us absolutely no way to tell how big his table is :wink:

but my question is still relevant: 3 meters by 3 meters is simply bigger than 3 feet by 3 feet.
or elbows or whatever nonsense you guys use over there :stuck_out_tongue:

(please don´t get triggered, I´m clearly trolling with this ^^ couldn´t resist. no harm intended!)

it´s popular, that´s true. pretty sure it´s not a DIN though :wink:

(there actually is a DIN for standard table HEIGHT, though - it´s 76centimeters.)

1 Like

Lol. My mistake. Units are FEET. Upward builds (max 6 feet) are allowed.

so that´s just below 1 meter x 1 meter if I´m not mistaken…

Assuming you have your recording device / DAW computer / laptop somewhere else, I would go for something like this:

8-16 ch mixer
2-3 FX boxes (could also be pedals for smaller footprint)
drum machine and/or sampler ideally with multiple outputs (octatrack or machinedrum?)
1-2 synth modules (i.e. minitaur for mono and a virus for poly)
1 keyboard synth or midi controller keyboard like a Keystep

pretty generic, but might just fit onto a small table like that, especially if you could rack up 2 or more of the non-keyboard units / go vertical

alternatively, go full-blown modular and get a ginormous cas you can lay flat on that table :wink:

2 Likes

Wow. Cheers for that. I didn’t think you could get so much on it. At the moment its just staring at me. Im very tempted to cram it full of switchs/knobs/flasing lights. Square tables need a bit if creativity. Cheers! i will look into those you mention.

well as I said, you CAN get that much onto it.

you just have to pick the right machines… or the right racks / stands.

for example I have 2x Elektron boxes in a stand so they end up taking up just a little more space than 1 single Elektron machine with cables.

and if you don´t need keyboards on your synths they end up taking way less space.

in the 90s there were so many 19" rackmount synths around, a lot of these can still be found for cheap used.

so go vertical when you run out of horizontal space would be my advice :wink:

( I live in a really small inner-city apartment that for some reason has 3.50meter high ceilings… so I know a bit about that kind of struggle haha)

This sort of exercise could be relevant for me, as we are expecting a new arrival in May. That means the desk setup I had will move yet again, but this time I have more of a blank slate (albeit a small one) to work with.

60 OP-Z’s obviously!

1 Like

Here’s what I do with a 2’ x 2’ table:

Can’t imagine what I’d do with the bounty of 2x space on a 3’ x 3’…

7 Likes