What to pair with the OT/Little Phatty? Op-1 or Digitakt

I am so anal about it you wouldn’t know.

exactly

i think this is wisdom… but if sweetwater get’s op-1s in anytime soon i doubt i will be able to resist. my first piece of equipment ever was a casio sk-1… :slight_smile:

Buy a Casio VL1 !
I have it but I think I’d exchange it for Op1 without problems. :sketchy:

1 Like

what a pair of qts

If the market for used AKs were a bit more seller-friendly, I would. But now is not the time, and I might regret it.

So I’ve decided to just put some $ aside for the next couple paychecks and gift myself a shiny new OP-1 as an early present before x-mas.
I knew this day would come, eventually.

Additionally, the OP-Z is drawing some of my gaze.

3 Likes

Someone told me that battery replacement on the OP-1 has to be done at the factory and costs a fortune. Is that true? Perhaps it’s just a Japan thing. I was told to buy new because at least you have the warranty for a while if anything goes wrong.

My PO-28 is keeping my ToE in the TE water, for now :wink:

We are the robots.

2 Likes

I’d also be really hesitant to buy anything with mini or micro USB connections secondhand. I’m really careful with them and haven’t lost one yet but they’re really fragile and I see them broken on stuff more than anything else. And they’re a real hassle to replace.

so in true consumer fashion

i copped both

smfh

i have a sickness

1 Like

Ha, enjoy! Let us know how you get on with the OT+DT combo

so… I received the Digitakt and I definitely liked the sound and the size. unfortunately it didnt add much to the party because I already have the OT. That being said the form factor, affordability and my sampler hoarding mentality was enough to keep it but my unit had a severe USB problem so back it went…

the OP had been on backorder from sweetwater but is arriving tomorrow :smiley:

I can see a lot of potential with a DT and OT combo. Having one manage rhythm while the other does some mad shit sounds like a cool combo. Suppose the OP-1 would allow that too I guess. I did like how easy it was to get flying with one sample on the DT though - very inspiring.