What to do with Digitakt's 8 MIDI tracks when using Overbridge?

Yeah, it’s strange - seems like there should be at least an option to allow incoming notes via Overbridge to be recorded, not just produced for output. I’m glad it works, but it seems insane to need to connect a MIDI cable for note data recording into the Digitakt while using Overbridge. Can someone from the team comment on this? Surely this can’t be intentional.

3 Likes

Same problem here :confused:

I am using the Digitakt as a sound card and actually works great for input of individual tracks without having to add the VST. I control the DT transport separately. But, if I select Overbridge mode in the DT, it doesn’t appear midi in Ableton. Does anyone know why?

1 Like

OverBreak

1 Like

this makes me sad, i wish i could just use the digitakt how i do dawless

2 Likes

Coming back to say this works for me now.

Word from support is that even if you choose Overbridge mode, the Digitakt will receive (and record) MIDI over USB if chosen as a MIDI port. Seems counterintuitive but it does work - you may need to reboot the device.

1 Like

I am having this same issue as well; been hard to troubleshoot. It seems like you can’t use Overbridge Mode and send MIDI from the Digitakt to Ableton at the same time.

Is there a workaround other than plugging in a MIDI cable to the Digi’s out port?

I know for a fact this worked in previous versions of Overbridge but now it doesn’t, sadly

same problem!!

In overbridge mode, I can’t see the Digitakt midi in Ableton

It does work… you have to get the midi from the digitakt destination like any other devices,
not the plugin

1 Like

but I don’t see the Digitakt device in the midi page setting of Ableton I f I switch to over bridge mode in Digitakt, if I switch to USB midi it works, but not in over bridge mode!!!

1 Like

I try it on a windows PC, it works, but not on my Mac

Are you on OSX Catalina, and if yes, do you have the latest OB installed? 2.0.30

1 Like

Updated to Mojave, it works.

Thanks

Hi, I’m having same problem on reaper with digitakt overbridge/midi. It works as overbridge vst but I can’t see any incoming midi message from midi sequencer.
two tracks setup, track 1 as overbridge, works fine. track 2 for midi. I tried two different setup. first as a standalone track, record input, input midi - digitakt, all midi inputs, etc… - not working. also as a receiving track from overbridge, getting only midi send, record output, input none. still not working :frowning:
am I missing anything? anyone could help? :slight_smile:
thank you very much!!

In case it helps anyone, I was having an issue where midi notes from DT were playing though OB and I could record the audio, but no midi. There’s a setting in DT under MIDI ports called “Trig key dest” that must be set to “int and ext” for the DT’s MIDI to reach the DAW as midi notes, there’s another setting to do the same with the encoders.

3 Likes

Im having the same problem.
Using overbdridge to transmit the DT 8 sampler channels.
Using the DT as soundcard.
MacOS wont recognize the DT as a MIDI device in Audio/MIDI setup,
so i cant input MIDI data from my DT to my DAW.

Any workaround??
Thanks!!

I wouldn’t say it’s the same problem. My Digitakt had no problem being recognized. Just a matter of notes not being recorded, but it would sync and communicate.

I’m afraid I can’t help you with that. It’s recognized as an audio interface but not midi?. I know in Windows there was a limit as to how many midi devices it would allow, you had to go back and delete some to allow slots for new gear. But I don’t think that’s an issue on Mac.
Sorry I can’t help.

I still use regular midi as well as overbridge nothing has caught fire :fire:

2 Likes

I always use both WTFnot right!?
If it werks…use it

1 Like

Honestly, I wonder if the warning is just poorly worded, since you could end up with some really funky feedback loops if you used the DT’s MIDI tracks to affect the Overbridge VST. Seems that if you just use them for normal purposes affecting other devices (no loopbacks), it works completely fine. Same goes for Digitone.

1 Like