What should I choose

I’ve a similar setup. so you’ve got poly with the A4, n plenty of beats n some very usable delays n reverb in there too. I’d be looking for a real nice monosynth or some saturation.

1 Like

It’s a great pedal, but is only good at one thing. For more bang for buck and a great emulation of the re2, 1, the zoom ms-70cdr is well wroth checking out.
Covers all your delay and reverb needs, and has filters, compressors, chorus, bit reduction, and limiters.

But to answer your question - it would go very well with the A4!

1 Like

You rate the RE-201? Interesting. I think it sounds extremely weak and plastic-y, but to each their own.

Haha nah, I said it’s good at the one thing it does, and that is being digital pedal that tries to emulate a classic tape delay!

I lusted after one for ages, and it lasted three months before I realised I really wanted the original. I agree with the plastic sound statement. And the reverb is the most pointless thing ever. I have a little plastic Beringher reverb pedal that is better than the verb on that thing!
And it’s well over priced. If it was half the price it would still be at the top of the price range I’d pay for that pedal.

2 Likes

Now that’s more like the kind of shit I like to hear poured on the RE-201.

1 Like

Ha! I think my original response was too subtle. But I also hate to tell someone that the thing they want is a bit pony, because I’m not them and I don’t know what they really want

But yeah, it’s a piece of crapola.

1 Like

I’m a happy owner of the RE-20, bought it cheap from a pawn shop. It doesn’t sound nearly as good as the original, but still has a certain vibe that I like to layer into my tracks.

The fact that it can run off batteries makes it a great companion for my OP-1.

1 Like

Yeah, I also have an re 20 and think it’s great, obviously it’s not an original but did any of you ever hear an original in person? To compare what the re 20 is like?
It’s a cool pedal!
But I also have a dd 500 and if I were to choose only one I would choose that over the re 20 or the eventide.

1 Like

Worth pointing out that the reverb on original Space Echos is worthless too.

1 Like

In fact I think I will go for sonic investment, maybe with some pedals and maybe comp ?

• need a rocket who sound really nice …

Useless is the wrong word tho, it’s a different effect, if you know what you are doing . Not your more classic reverb sound.

So for you the space echo 201 is not good ?

No, it’s fantastic. But the reverb alone, judged alongside the range of reverbs available today? Horrible.

1 Like

Allright ! Thank you

1 Like