What should I choose

Hello !!

I’ve MDUw OTmkI and Analog4mkI,

I’m looking for a new synth,
do not know what to choose between :slight_smile:

-modular way with intelijel digitel + mutable clouds or E352 clouds + mutable clouds to make chord.
-Moog but which ?
-Juno ? Ensoniq ESQ1 ? DSX7 ?
-Other modular clouds + ?
-Space Echo 201 Roland
-Timefactor,- SpaceEventide

What to choose ?
Can you gimme more ideas ?

I’ve 1000euros max

Be inspired :wink:

Stylophone

1 Like

I would only recommend modular if you are willing to spend the rest of your life buying and selling mods, filling for divorce, and having your dog to hate you.

7 Likes

I’d recommend a SE-02.

1 Like

microkorg

What are you trying to achieve? The question is too vague - it’s just a list of gear.

4 Likes

What are you after? An unreasonable but momentarily satisfactory purchase or an expansion of your sonic arsenal? You mentioned chords. I have no idea what your style is, but I keep going back to my Reface CP for chord duties and noodling aimlessly. I think it’s a very underrated piece of gear.

3 Likes

Why ?

Sorry, I am working on dub techno and lofi house tracks

Because it’s awesome and a lot of fun and currently one of the best ways to get that fat 3-oscillator analogue bass sound without paying too much money.

3 Likes

I like it, you right. But I do not need sequencer…

Maybe you have some of them ?

What’s the potential of Analog rytm for Basslines ?

2 Likes

Thanks !

1 Like
1 Like

I have a 15u modular system and one of those modules is Clouds. That’s about it from your list. I have a Boutique JU-06 but don’t use it at the moment. I’m not sure what to advise but I would say Clouds does not lend itself particularly to ‘conventional’ forms of music like dub techno. I suppose it can be good for creating washes of ambience here and there, but it’s a bit hard to rein in sometimes and does sound very digital. It’s no kind of workhorse. As far as dub techo goes, if you can buy a Space Echo in good condition, you’re heading in the right direction. One thing I would recommend against is that Boss pedal that claims to be a Space Echo clone, because it’s rubbish.

1 Like

If by lofi house you mean LIES Records type stuff, then you want vintage analogue gear, or good approximations of it.

1 Like

Don’t get a re201 if you are planning on getting a time factor. The time factor covers that ground, and way more on top of that!

1 Like

Hahaha brilliant!

1 Like