What plays nice with MnM?

The Monomachine goes nicely with anything that has reasonably comprehensive midi specs… and even stuff without. A true chameleon of sound design, fx processing and midi sequencing.

Midi Guitar via a Roland GI20 with separate strings going to different channels is pretty flashy, Clavia Nord rack makes a perfect swedish couple, both in drum mode and p-locking program changes , and this weekend, pumping the loungeroom PA with the Monologue through a zoom ms100bt has been a revelation…

2 Likes

Spent some time last night with Numerology and Guga’s randomizer… opened up a ton of new sounds which I’d never heard coming out of my MnM before.

3 Likes

I’ve been using it to sequence and process the volca sample and it’s good fun. I made an index card with all the MIDI CCs so I can assign the fun ones as I go. It’s stereo too so you can use the pan to route it to either of the MnM’s inputs for more processing flexibility.

Also the Octatrack is great in the other direction, sequencing the MnM (with track scales, lengths, and p-lockable arps!) and then using the OT’s superior filters and effects to further process it. Plus when you run out of MnM tracks you can just resample it in the OT and then chop it up.

I tried using it by itself for a couple years but it’s just a lot more fun and interesting with a sidekick (pretty much anything).

1 Like

I paired lots of things with MM and nothing paired better than Nord Drum 2. It was as if they were made for one another.

5 Likes

@AdamJay I see someone posted one of your videos. I think someone agrees with your findings :slight_smile:

Wow, just watched a few videos of the Nord Drum 2 in action… it looks awesome. I think I’m sold.

MnM + ND2 + a sampler (Volca Sample to begin with, then maybe a Digitakt in the future) and I think I’ll be happy :slight_smile: