What piece of gear did you buy that you absolutely did not like?

…yup…that’s what it was called…microsampler…did’nt do the trick at all…

1 Like

I like this topic. Interesting feedback. I hated my first guitar, but only after I got another (better) one :see_no_evil:

Also this makes me think about owning gear you really love double. It makes a lot of sense actually. 1 learning curve and more playing fun instead of gear frustration :tongue:

2 Likes

Analog Rytm MK2. Such a massive letdown for me. I didnt like the feel, the sound or the functionality even though I was sure I would

4 Likes

Kaoss Pad 3!!!

To think that I traded my ESX for it… :frowning:

3 Likes

Yeah I kind of regret getting the 2500 and not the 1000 with jjos

1 Like

Yeah the 0coast is a winner… running it through a Strymon El Capistan in stereo mode is a beautiful thing. Put the tape age up on the feedback and it’s :alien::heat:

4 Likes

I miss my monome 256 it was a beatiful table lamp :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

The first version of Bassbot TT303 I don’t like only because of it’s build quality and high price at that time. Sounds good, was way overpriced, but build quality extremely poor and had a weird sequencer issue (solved with an update) I still have it and want to circuitbend/devilfish it in the future if I get around SMD soldering!

Roland MC303 90’s crap emulation, that ffs needed to be the midimaster in the setup! I could have been very rich if I bought all the mc303’s i’ve seen for 50euros!

The worst gear ever was a computer! Always had problems/issues, hated the many updates, plugin overload, technology going superfast, etc so I became a hardware jammer type of guy.

9 Likes

sold the model samples next day.

guess I was too used to ar a4 mm md tkt tne etc to accept that sort of diferent design choice

4 Likes

Not my experience with it at all, I love it ! There’s a huge range of sounds available, and once you know your way around it it’s hard to go into wild feedback territory. I’m glad it can go though, just so I can stay right on the edge of it. Bags of characters and turns anything alive.
I use it on an aux send though, that may be why ? Someone on Muff was wondering if they tamed the design a little because his too wasn’t as wild as everybody says.

4 Likes

Korg Electribe Sampler II - Actually sounds really good (to my ears) - also stereo sampling is nice but sold it and used the money to get a Digitakt because the menu diving on the Electribe is not something I managed to get along with and to be honest I kind of wanted the Digitakt in the first place but couldn’t afford it at the time.
The same applies to the Volca FM - sounds great but setting it up is awful - I just don’t have the patience so I will more than likely get a Digitone to replace it soon :joy:

7 Likes

Oh and the Dave Smith evolver desktop synth I got from a friend to test. Never seen such stupid layout, can’t gel with it as a hardware jammer type of guy, ok I hate matrix synths because performance wise they are mostly crap, it’s certainly good as a soundmodule because I’ve heard a lot of good stuff from it but, knobs fall off, it doesn’t have a powerswitch, a cheap chinese power adapter, the brand name on a sticker haha!
And I gassed almost decades for an evolver keys or better the polyevolver but hell even with these expensive synths they had problems with encoders, nowadays it’s 300euro for all new pots on the polyevolver.

3 Likes

DT and DN is a hell of a combo. Go for it!

4 Likes

The Model:Samples. Plastic housing, feel of the knobs, feel of the pads, the screen, all of it was just awful. It’s a neat idea but yowsers did I ever bounce off it fast.

8 Likes

ah yes, that reminds me. I didn’t get on with the Tetra. Sounded great but needed a fairly ropey 3rd party software to edit patches in any meaningful way.

Poor aul Dave makes some great kit but really misses the mark software wise. Dare I say he’s “stuck in the 70s” :smile:

4 Likes

Yes, it definitely takes time getting to know which parts of the +/- feedback knob to avoid tweaking too far; and running it through a compressor/limiter is always a good idea too, just in case.

MS2000. I bought it back in 2008ish and I barely touch it. Had the microkorg prior and thought the next step was the MS2000, but for whatever reason I’ve just ignored it.

As always these things are subjective and relative the user. It has been a couple years since I have had it. I had an OP1, an MPC1k and a few other things so it’s sequencer was of little interest and the sonic territory was limited. Some modulation and effects it could sound nice but nothing I couldn’t do with other options

I kept it for a few months and used it semi regularly on it’s own, though I found it fiddly to play and program. Within the volca ecosystem I can see why some might be interested. It kind of turned me off to volcas in general

1 Like

The MC303 by Roland my first groove box, really hated that thing in the past and sold it after a month of use.

Yamaha rs7000, also hated that thing with a passion , sold it after about a month. Too big, slow, ugly and kinda cheesy .

DSI Tetra : worst GUI ever imo and the thing was buggy. Sounded ok but that GUI was a pain !

That’s about it. Sold lots of thing but this is the top 3 of my worst purchase

1 Like

I’ve never really liked my bass station 2. Not sure why I hate it but I do and just never play it. Maybe some day.