What is "Elektron magic" to you?

Elektron to me is deep, clever electronic instruments that allow you to grow with them and them with you, that push boundaries in performance and sound. I am a proud owner of MM, MD, A4, Octa MkII and 2 bootleg Elektron shirts!

1 Like

What is Megacommand? I need this in my lyfe

2 Likes

For me Elektron Magic is the same thing as a good book. Full of surprises that you wish would never end.

All of my bandmates hate my Elektrons, they can’t stand the menu diving and really can’t be bothered to learn. I love diving deep into my Elektrons and almost every time discovering something new or something I’ve lost earlier. They seem somehow boundless, but at the same time limited in a good way.

2 Likes

I’m not sure with the last product. Do we know who is the genetic father? :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

My funny uncle

2 Likes

Its a hardware controller/sequencer designed specifically for the Machinedrum (+4 track sequencer for the Analog4 or other midi devices)… a modern evolution of Ruin Wesen’s old MiniCommand.

Offers some other performance advantages like easily combining different tracks from different patterns on the fly also.

Thread

Manual

3 Likes

10 Likes

The feeling I get when watching older Elektron videos (the ones with Hector in it) is perfectly what I would describe »Elektron magic«.

Since these times seem to be over, Cenks sorcerous artistry is what I hold on to.

2 Likes

Okay, but where can I buy such a rare piece of machinery? ebay lists 0 for sale, and no retailers found via quick googling…

One box of pure magical depth that is akin to a Hatori Hanso sword in Kill Bill and something that GOD (should he exist) himself would be proud of… Octatrack!

1 Like

I knew they had something else planned for NAMM!

1 Like

Slimlined version… 1 fader per… ehm to function :wink:

Contact #JustinValer who is the creator of, and very active on that thread link I supplied.

3 Likes

I like all the flashing lights on mine.

The magic for me is that I can’t even look at my DT without wanting to use it. I love that with a flick of a switch I can have my track ready exactly as I left it the night before, or I can start from scratch immediately.

The magic came in it’s limits, and it’s ways of working around them. It’s such a fun, functional, and powerful box. It changed how I think about music and how I make it.

I always say that the OT is my magic box, so this is perfect :grinning:

1 Like

thanks, will do!

1 Like

download

17 Likes

where is this screenshot from?