What is a fair price for a Machinedrum SPS1UW?

Hello!

Thinking about getting a Machinedrum SPS1UW.

What would a fair price for such a machine be?

What did you for example pay for yours?

Oh, and it i possible to trigger the individual drums from external sources, right?

I am not going to use the sequencer, I am going to build my own sequencer in Pure Data and use that for sequencing. By looking at the midi mappings in the manual it seems like it is possible:

Thank you!

Looks like $5-700. Sometimes up closer to $1k…so say $700 as a median.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1311.R2.TR1.TRC0.A0.H0.TRS1&_nkw=elektron+machinedrum+sps-1&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_sop=12&_sadis=15&_odkw=elektron+machinedrum&_osacat=0&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_blrs=spell_check&_stpos=78745-5625

Yes you can trigger it from an external source, but there are certain things the sequencer can do that you cannot do externally (parameter locks) so you’d be missing out on a big draw of the machine if you ignore the sequencer.

I wouldn’t pay over $800. When purchasing, you can also find out when the model was produced and see if it’s covered under any type of warranty. It’s nice to have that piece of mind. Here’s the warranty info from Elektron’s website.

“Elektron machines bought 2010-07-05 and later come with a three year limited warranty, starting from the date of the original purchase. Being able to prove the date of the original purchase with an invoice or a receipt is necessary if you require warranty service.”

Thanks for that. For some reason none showed up when I searched for it. Maybe I need to check my search settings.

Yeah I see the price range is wide, depending on which version it is.

I can do the parameter locks in Pure data too :wink:

Thanks!

I have seen a machinedrum in my city, which I have my eyes on.
I think it will probably be out of warranty. Elektron stopped producing them long time ago, no?

Anyway, I would be fine with trying it out before buying it and see how it works.

I had an octatack for a short while, so kind of know which quirks to look for, pots, being wobbly and so on.

But sold the Octa again since I needed some sound sources, rather than a sampler. Machinedrum offers 16 parts, which is really nice. Lots of drums :slight_smile:

Check out Reverb.com and sometimes Guitar Center sells Elektron gear used on their website for decent pricing. I believe Machinedrum went out of production around June 2016, so warranties will be up soon.

1 Like

Thanks, I did find 3 of them there. But I think i will contact the guys here in my city who has one for sale. Then I can atleast try before buy. I am not too keen on buying these semi-expensive machines over the internet.

1 Like

Price would depend if referring to UW MK1, or UW MKII or UW MKII+

Please specify which.

Yes I see that. The specific one I have seen locally is an:

Machinedrum SPS1UW. It does not say anything about mk-x.

So I am kind of assuming it is an mk-1:

AFAIK MKIs have 32 steps > 3 Scale Setup leds. So on your picture it seems an MKII (4 leds).

UW MKI
448b41b6fb24a2059ce0bd53c1dea1a602006cb3_1_669x499

1 Like

Your photo is of a UW MKII with no +Drive

$700 USD/ €650 EUR would be fair.

There is a UW MKII with +Drive in the USA in the Marketplace here for $899 USD which is a very fair price.

3 Likes

Had mine for 600€, box, accessories, mint condition, and not too far ! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Paid $900 for my MD UW MKII with +drive about 2 years ago. Manual, box, power supply included. Purchased on Reverb.com

1 Like

there’s one at 1300 CAD in Montreal … that’s 980.52 USD (ish)

1 Like

The latest warranty you’re going to come across for a MD will be around September of this year…

#TimeBeLikeThat

3 Likes

Hey everyone!

Thank you for the info I appreciate it :slight_smile:

All though, since Elektron just made that new video, with a new product coming out, probably for Namm, I an going to wait a little bit and see what this new machine is.

1 Like