* what if the analog heat had a crossfader *

Humble hello to the kind, warm community that is, Elektronauts~
First time posting like this, long time learner :raised_hands:

I’ve been thinking about putting some payments into an Analog heat, haven’t messed around with one hands on yet, but there seems to be much praise & love for the little box.
I was just messing about on my Digitakt, (My first & only Elektron box at the moment), controlling some external synths & trying out the 0-coast for the first real time. Got thinking about the 'Heat…
I really liked the “gritt” i was getting, but i wanted even more subtle, gnarly dirt…
Then i thought- WHAT IF the Analog Heat had a crossfader on it, you could apply different settings to each channel, have some filters, throw a couple digitakts on either side (or whatever box you love) one can be the Drums/Percussion, the other can be a very powerful synth, …or whatever!
My suspicions are that there will be an inevitable Analog Heat MKII, as it’s really the only box that stands out in their new line of new products… but who knows. I guess NAMM is coming up soon, yes?

If you’re holding out for a MK2 or a cross-fader revision on a Heat then i’d suggest you didn’t let that distract you, just get and enjoy the one available now … imho, neither will happen, it just doesn’t make sense from Elektron’s perspective, certainly not now or in the next 5-10 years

5 Likes

Next best thing. I’m sure some fader equivalent existed somewhere but I can’t seem to find it. The knob itself may well be midi mappable to a fader anyway. There are ways to achieve close results to what you’re looking for, you could use a computer as a middle man to process a controller to send to multiple destinations in the heat. or if you’re all hardware you can use a midi processor but you will still no doubt need to get in the computer to get it all working.

If I wanted to achieve that I’d probably just switch the DT out for an OT, that gives you way more modulation options to start with, then use a midi processor to map OTs cross fader to multiple destinations. But avantronica is right that elektron have no reason to put a cross fader on a heat

4 Likes

Morph4 ?

I think so, what parameters would you link ? You can easily access parameters…

1 Like

@sezare56 Yeah I think that’s the one. + I’m not sure, I’ve never actually used a heat. Just thinking of ways to morph through several parameters at once. I just assume that elektron is unlikely to release another distortion unit, and I think the cross fader is pretty unique to OT so be surprised if they put it on anything else

Edit: just looked and morph4 is definitely what I was talking about. Project is on hold though according to the website so I think you’d be lucky to find one

1 Like

paging @guga

in terms of morphing values on a single DT with a single slider you can setup midi designer pro2 on ios. (others are available but im not very familiar with those)

i’ve got some digitakt setups that allow me to move one dial with it updating all of the parameters i’ve chosen and all are going through values / steps that i’ve defined.

eg.
move one dial and the delay values increase through specific tempo sync’d values , the feedback increments very slowly from 80 to 110 , the eq does down , reverb opens up a little, etc etc.

so effectively its a single controller that is morphing values,
it can also return to my defined defaults once i’ve let go of the dial/slider , either instantly or over time.

as this is basically all updating midi cc values , its possible on heat once everything is setup.
but its not as quick/easy to setup as the morph4/16 hands/goliath device.

Once again, what parameters would you morph on AH ? Filter freq + drive ? :sketchy: