What if Elektron made the MPC Live 2?

I couldn’t resist making this dumb short. Elektron mechanical keyswitches instead of pads + finger drumming = hell.

15 Likes

I sold the mpc live. It didn’t really click with me :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Hehe, I honestly think the MPC Live 2 could benefit from Elektron style buttons. They take so much force to actuate!

I’d take an OP-Z with Elektron buttons and knobs.

1 Like

…there is klak klak zak zak OR fingerdrumming…and always will be…

either way has it’s own flaws and also it’s own advantages…

whenever combined, it’s no real deal…when rytm wanted to add pads or when mpc wanted to add some sort of stepsequencing, people did not end up any happier for real…

1 Like

Should have included onboard mics aimed at the buttons to amplify the klik-klak through the internal speakers.

3 Likes

This reminded me how bad the Rytm pads are for playing… they’re great for all the other functions though.

I don’t think I could stand an MPC limited to just 4 bar patterns.

1 Like

And no choke groups!

2 Likes

Oh god, is this what my wife has to put up with?

9 Likes

Needs more clicky.

I think Elektron need to start making use of those mechanical switches that have actual bars inside them that make the click, and that click twice - once on depress, once on release

I’ve never been to a choke group, I’m quite old and probably wouldn’t know what to do

6 Likes

If the MPC was only limited to 4 bars, I’d never have even bought one. I almost always use 16-32 bar patterns these days. I put up with it on the ST because I love the sound of it, but it’s a limitation that drives me nuts.

1 Like

One time, my wife filmed me to show me how much noise I was making :smiley:

2 Likes

Haha, I remember I was playing with the Digitone in my office room and my kid complained from his bedroom that he couldn’t fall asleep because of all the clickery clacking.

With the MPC Live 2, I can jam in bed next to my wife without any complaints.

2 Likes