What gear would you like to see elektron do next?

Ah, damn. Oh well. Maybe an added feature for a MkII someday. Basically I dream of MicroTonic + Digitakt having a baby.

1 Like

Oh, agree

1 Like

i would have too…

1 Like

Yep… Me too.

Instead I had a Keystep arrive today. I’m a huge fan of the Digitone aesthetic, so it was really disappointing. A Digitone glued onto the side, I mean come on, quite lazy, minimal effort, embarrassing overall.

3 Likes

I totally agree

I wonder how difficult/expensive it would be to put the random waveform generator Ess is developing into a model: sized box…

Would be hard considering supply… but there’s already some code for a sid engine somewhere in a hard drive @ Elektron HQ, so why not :wink:

looks like a $129 Arturia MIDI controller… no thanks

1 Like

I feel like I’ve answered this before but ctrl-F doesn’t show anything… anyway…

A mixer with a step sequencer seems like a no-brainer to me. Plug in 4-5 other synths and drum machines, then sequence mutes, solos, volume changes, as trigless trigs (in Elektron terminology)… kind of a “live” version of the Octatrack, where it could be the centerpiece of your performance (maybe the DJ slider from the Octatrack controlling scenes/ mix parameters – to me the most important part of the OT is that slider); if affordable add some limited version of the Analog Heat as either a master effect or send effect (including the envelope follower); whatever digital effects (reverb, delay) could be included is a not-entirely-necessary plus… a real time pitch-shifter PER CHANNEL would be amazing (i.e., monomachine pattern on two channels, the ability to transpose it real time from the mixer) but maybe not feasible at this point of technological development.

For that matter I’d be interested in a box that was just four mod wheels or faders that could be programmed to control various parameters on all other Elektron boxes hooked up to it simultaneously (whether tempo or pitch shift or filter or some creative combination of the bunch).

2 Likes

Something that can make a sound as long as it comes with at least song mode, 16 P-Locks per step and 256 separate outputs - Just for the basic needs.

1 Like

Analog Heat Keys :fire::musical_keyboard:

4 Likes

Pionner SQUID is so good!!

Yeah me too. Something like a Nord Drum 2 in an Elektron interpretation.

1 Like

at least it looks like something :rofl:

Almost certainly not an option…

But i LOVE the new screens on the new boxes.
I would SO appreciate having replacement screens for MD, MnM, A4MKI, OTMKI (for those that have)

So crisp. So clear.
:pray:t5: :crossed_fingers:t5: :grimacing:

2 Likes

+1

I would love to see Analog Keys Mk2 = the same idea but upgrade to the gray box screen and internals and wonderful buttons and dials. It would be next level if you could give us more voices so it could be a proper competitor in the field - Summit has 16 voices, Rev2 and Prologue can have 16 voices - why not an Elektron. Leave the sequencer as is, the buttons as is - just up the number of analog voices to 8 or 16 for say $1999 / $2999 price points.

A reworked Analog Poly like A4x4 is worth imagining. Would be thrilling.

1 Like

An Elektron EZ bake oven. Just imagine being able to make your own tasty snacks and pastries with just a few P-locks and some conditional trigs.

I’m talking giant partially transparent OLED for a screen/window, an FM radio, a sequencer instead of a timer, and of course scale-per-pastry.

FM synth with individual track scale and length would be the t#%s… throw a midi arp in for good measure