What gear would you like to see elektron do next?

I would find analog saturation/overdrive cool too! Distorting resonating filter sweeps - created digitally - can be pretty sweet.

A mixer with inbuilt realtime granular synthesis and pitch shifting ala clouds or nebulae, or a wavetable synthesizer in the digi format.

1 Like

I would like them to get into the modular pastry, you can conditional trig different flavors per step so that your sequences will be full of variety.

1 Like

I want them to release more instruments in the model line, so I donā€™t develop any GAS in the near future :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

I guess Iā€™ve written it somewhere else:
Digitone/Octatrack child, but with 16 tracks (and an included formant machine like in the mono).
From the Octatrack the freely asignable fx, thru machines, neighbor machines, that sampling (incl. stretching, etc.), the mixer, the arranger, the scale per track, midi sequencing - basically all of it, and from the digitone - well, polyphonic voices, but with portamento. If that box could have 6 or 8 inputs, Iā€™d sell my mom for it. I could live with it if a 3 voice chord would eat up 3 tracks, but anyway - please donā€™t make any plastic mediocre boxes. Or samplers that cannot sample and are good for stickers. Stick to the big ones please :wink:

1 Like

stereo sampler in grey mk2 box

4 Likes
  • An advanced sampler Like OT but geared towards studio use, and with the simplicity of a Digitakt (also similar visuals of the screen). So Maybe more encoders for more hands on like Model:Samples in a bigger AR/A4 mk2 sized box.

• A Very hands on multi effects box that Maybe combines different delay, reverb and filter (with saturation) styles. But of course in the way that Elektron would do it.

• A Model:Synth would actually be interesting to me if it sounds good and full.

Edit: Got inspired by a post further down. The sampler should also have individual physical outs for each track, so that I can run them into hardware effects before going to the daw.

• Velocity sensitive pads/knobs.
1 Like

MIDI 2.0 controller with 64 rotary encoders, 16 buttons (9 sensitive faders optional), with 2 ins 4 outs AD/DA and a large enough lcd display!
Id pay 1000 euros easily for a good one!

A Digitakt MKII with two additions:

1. ADAT I/O ( USB audio : thanks but no thanks, but keep it for MIDI ctrl )

2. a page in the Digitakt OS with hi-res track delays for all both track types

Thatā€™d make my day really.

Id actually like to see replacement pad kits for the AR, and replacement encoder knob kitsā€¦colors, different textures.

1 Like

Overbridge to ADAT+Analog AD/DA converter for overbridge boxes.

Connect your overbridge gear using USB and then use analog/ADAT outputs that carry separate channels from the machines

5 Likes

What? :face_with_monocle:

Bittersweet right hereā€¦

2 Likes

A classic modern elektron 12 track sequencer box (preferably old OT size box than the new slab) with innovative samples-blended-with-synthesis engines that can be routed in a modular manner - virtual acoustic modelling, filter bank/resonator, wavetable, additive and uploadable puredata blocks - plus a broad range of FX besides their high end delay, chorus and reverb.

we need some new sounds and imaginative techniques!

3 Likes

8 screens analog screensaver.

1 Like

ms delays for each track, so to speak.

1 Like

They have loads of boxes. Finish all the software and firmware first. I donā€™t know why everyone is always so hungry for new boxes when so many things need to be done with the existing.

12 Likes

because i wouldnā€™t even care if Overbridge didnā€™t existā€¦

2 Likes

Not really gear, but perhaps a multi-tier subscription service to inform you when an upgrade is coming so you can sell your gear second hand before the people that would want it would want something else

1 Like

Wouldnā€™t that be a kind of insider trading? :wink: :smiley: