What gear would you like to see elektron do next?

…and it seems i’m really not alone with my MYX dream…

so here we go, nerdy vikings…give us a damned fx mixer/interface p lock style…c u at next namm or supabooth with good news heading towards that direction…

focus on ob and keep a destinguished hub functionality for that in mind to surprise us like u guys did with dtone…

1 Like

I don’t see a mixer or recorder in the pipeline (besides the existing capacity of the OT of course.) They’ve put a lot of effort into OB, so clearly they see most people recording with a computer. For live use, the existing products have decent internal mixing abilities compared to other products on the market.

If they branch out into a different kind of product, I see it being a polyphonic keyboard. Hybrid wavetable/rompler/VA. Maybe something a lil like the new DSI, with samples or VA running through analogue filters. Point of difference from existing products: polyphony and a different approach to multitimbrality. With the Elektron sequencer of course. We’re good for Elektron drum machines and analogue synths.

But I’m probably wrong!

Hard to see them putting out something without a sequencer. There’s the heat but that seemed to be based off their experience with building analog gear.

I hope they don’t even bother with VA. Update the Monomachine with 6-OP FM, and a robust wavetable synth. Keep the SID, and everything else that is expressly digital.

I love the form factor of the AK. But use up some more of that real estate with more control.

1 Like

…we can be pretty sure, they gonna stick with the very succesful digi formfactor for now at least one more time…

and since there is no actual machinedrum and no actual monomachine and all fm is covered by the tone,
u don’t have to be a wise man to predict what’s next to come…

we would all dig a machine with weird digital synthesis models that can drum along and shine in polyharmony at once…
some op1 kind of thing in elektron style is on the way for sure…

and maybe they give even another marketsegment a try and look out for more custumers that would love to see a lower entry level to the elektron thing in prize and size…

i mean, let’s face it…for nerds only days are over… in music hardware they became pretty much a global player within the last years…
and berlin will even see it’s own elektron HQ office/showroom soon to come…so there we go…

2 Likes

an Analog Keys MK2 with 6 voices…please :drooling_face: :disappointed_relieved:
including the digitakt screen.

5 Likes

@Ess. Please reimagine and create a desktop wavetable synthesizer. Digi- or MKII form-factor okay.

6 Likes

Seconded! :smiley:

3 Likes

Thirded!

3 Likes

A digi/heat sized stereo multi effects unit would be awesome.

6 Likes

An 8 voice, 8 part wavetable synth in a Digitakt/Digitone style box.

Or better yet a Digitakt mk2 with stereo sampling, streaming from SD card, and replace the 8 midi tracks with an 8 voice, 8 part wavetable synth.

Or better yet something Digitakt sized that is FPGA based and sell us multiple synth engines to run on it! Sampler, FM, virtual analog, wavetable, granular, etc

2 Likes

4 Track Tape Recorder, pleeeease

4 Likes

A modern day analog vocoder like Sennheiser/EMS/Roland. This is not only interesting for robot voices but also for analog processing like Elektron did with the Analog Heat.

4 Likes

How about with short sampling capabilities and the sequencer too? Could be very cool.

an all singing, dancing amalgamation of the silver boxes please :sunny:

3 Likes

I’d love a modern machinedrum in the small box format. 16 channels of digital drum synthesis with conditional trigs etc…

3 Likes

I would like to see a Multi FX unit for Modulation FX such as chorus, phaser, flangers etc similar to the Heat box.

2 Likes

If you have MD, Until then :slight_smile: MiniCommand Resurrection // MCLive

YESSSS PLEASE
I would love to vocode my digitakt with my AK. Or vice versa.

Quite like the idea of a new drive pedal myself